Chapter 19

Bharat arrives at the building, the direction was given to him by Johnson. Johnson had showed Bharat a picture of Steven through Facebook and Bharat can easily recognise him. 
Bharat walks in the building to the third floor and sees Steven teaching a class. Bharat raises his hand up trying to signal Steven. Steven excuses himself from the class and comes out.
"Hello sir, are you here to join the dance class?"
"No. Actually I'm here to ask about Johnson."
"Mr...?"
"Just Bharat."
"Bharat, I didn't know Johnson is married. Besides he has no wedding ring and he just told me he's looking for a partner just for stasifaction, nothing else."
Bharat nods, "when did the relationship start?"
"About two months ago." Steven says.
"Two months? That was after his wedding."
"Like I said Bharat, I didn't know he's married."
"I heard you're his friend from university."
"Yes, I am. That's why I agreed also since we close friends."
"Well thank you for your time." Bharat handshakes Steven and leaves.
   Rochna leaves the house goes back to her family house to get some food and other important stuffs for Bharat's house.
She arrives and sees Durga sipping tea and seems lost in her mind. She passes Durga without greeting her and goes upstairs to get what she came for.
   After she has finished, she comes downstairs and sees her mother walking back and front in the living room. Durga sees Rochna and rushes towards her.
"Where are you going?" Durga asks.
"Obviously back to Johnson."
"How... how is Jo... John?" Durga asks.
"Why are you so worried?" Rochna drops the bag she is holding on the ground.
"Well, he has to... pay for what he did. Besides why are you helping him? You usually sleep with men and drink around so why the sudden change?" Durga asks folding her hands.
"Mary, then Johnson. I did absolutely nothing when I saw how Sagar treated Mary in this house. Mary was the one who took care of me like I'm her sister until she left. Then Johnson came, what sweet innocent young man. Mother, if you have an atom of remorse for Johnson and pity for Mary then you would know why I'm supporting Johnson." Rochna picks her bag and leaves the house.

   Bharat comes back home and sees Johnson sitting in the living room. He looks around but doesnt see Miriam. He walks and sits beside Johnson.
"Where's mother?"
"She went to the market to buy some food stuff."
Bharat nods.
"Are you okay?" Bharat holds Johnson palms and interwines his finger with Johnson's.
"I am as you're here. I don't know what I would have done without you by my side." Johnson rests his head on Bharat's shoulder.
"I'm here with you all the way."
"Johns...' Miriam sees the scene in front of her and stops. She quickly hides behind a wall. She peeps and sees Johnson laying his head on Bharat shoulder and smiling. Miriam stomps her feet on the ground before he enters the sitting room and sees Johnson sitting without his head on Bharat shoulders with some gap between them.
"I'm back Johnson. What would you like to eat?" Miriam asks.
"Anything mother."
"Would you please come to the kitchen with me?"

     Miriam drops the grocery bag on the table and looks at Johnson who enters the kitchen.
"What's going on between you and Bharat?" Miriam asks.
"Mother what do you mean?"
"I saw both of you in the sitting room so don't lie to me because I know what I saw."
"Mother, I swear nothing happened between both of us. It just started mother. What I feel for Bharat isn't the same as Sagar. But we made an agreement that nothing starts until Sagar's case with me is finished."
"Johnson..."
"I'm sorry mother. I promise you nothing happened. Please believe me."
"You know this generation is very... complicated. I try to understand you and your siblings as much as possible because everything is changing and I trust every decision you make is for the best so wait lets finish this Sagar's problem then we know the next decision to take, okay?"
Johnson hugs his mother, "God, thank you for giving me such beautiful mother. Thank you so much mother."
Miriam smiles. "Don't tell Bharat that I know okay?"
"Of course I won't." Johnson smiles.