Chapter 20

"Tomorrow is the day that you and Sagar go to court to sign the divorce papers. But we have no lead in what so ever." Bharat says.
"Sagar is going to succeed whatever he did." Johnson looks at his family, "As far as I have my family near me then nothing can push me down."
Bharat phone rings, he picks it up.
"Hello mother... yes we are here. To the house. Why? Okay we will be right there." Bharat cuts the call.
"What's wrong?" Rochna asks looking worried.
"Mother says she wants us to come to the house... Everyone."

Rochna, Bharat, Miriam and Johnson arrive at home and everyone is also there including Jared and his children. They walk to the sitting room where everyone is.
"Is everything okay?" Bharat asks.
"Apparently, mother has something to say."
"Mother?"
"I have something to say. It has something to do with Johnson."
After a while she continues, "I know I may come as rude or selfish or crazy." Durga looks at Miriam "but I love my family very much. I can't bear to look when my family is being insulted and just keep quiet about it. Johnson, I know I have done many things to you and I'm sorry."
"Mother, what's wrong?" Johnson asks. Durga walks towards Johnson and hugs him. She turns around to Sagar and points to him.
"Sagar is a liar. He planned all this to bring Johnson's name to shame " Durga yells out. Everyone is shocked to hear what Durga said and they all look at Sagar.
"Mother, what are you talking about?" Sagar asks.
"I heard the phone call." Durga says.
FLASHBACK
"Then you have two days then you will be called to the court to settle the divorce case there." Sagar leaves and goes upstairs.
Durga watches as Johnson leaves the house with his mother, Bharat and Rochna. She goes upstairs to her room to rest.
"Steven" Sagar says making Durga to to stop as she almost passes the room.
"Isn't that Johnson's lover?" Durga says to herself as she stops and peeps through the small opening of the door.
Sagar laughs. "Well done. They believed everything. The rose, the card, the messages. You planted them without Johnson's knowing. Amazing." Sagar laughs. Durga gasps but she quickly covers her mouth.
"The money? This night I will deposit them when I go to a hotel. I need satisfaction after all this conspiracy." Sagar laughs.
"Till then. Yes." Sagar cuts the call and heads to the door. Durga quickly runs to her room silently and opens her door and closes it silently. Durga breathes in and out heavily, she's holding her chest feeling the heavy thump beat of her heart.
"Sagar... why?"

PRESENT TIME.
"That's how it happened." Durga says. "You know how I love Sagar that I can never lie or go against him but I had to do this because of... Mary." Durga looks at Rochna. "Rochna gave me an advise just the right time i needed it. I also did nothing when Mary was here but I couldn't bear to let that mistake happen to Johnson."
"I also have something to say. Actually we both do," Tania says.
Everyone looks at Tania and Mayank.
"We both saw Sagar in the hotel." Mayank says.
"Tania and I left home after we came back with father. We couldn't bear not to support Johnson and we took a taxi to come back and apologise and stay with Johnson but we passed Sagar on the way."
"Mayank out of anger told the driver to go after Sagar to teach him a lesson I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen and we followed him to a hotel."
"I went to the hotel for a business conference." Sagar says trying to cover up.
Tania glares at him but continues, "We followed him inside the building but we couldn't follow him into the elevator becase he would see our faces. I stayed to know the number of the floor he will enter while Mayank ran after him upstairs luckily he stopped at the tenth floor." Tania says.
"I followed Sagar to his room. But Tania told me to wait because if what Johnson said is right, he could be meeting a lady. We stood in the hallway for about 20 minutes before two ladies who looked like prostitutes knocked at Sagar's room door but we quickly hide ourselves and Sagar opened the door and they entered. Here are some pictures. We were waiting for the right time but Thank God, mother had something to say." Mayank says as he smiled at Durga who smiled back at him.
"This is a conspiracy." Sagar yells but he turns around and sees the divorce papers on the table already his signature is signed and a pen is also on the table. Tania noticed it and quickly jumps on his shoulders as he tried to run towards the table about 30 feet away from him. Sagar throws Tania off his shoulders but Mayank is in his front blocking him.
"He wants to get the divorce papers." Mayank yells earning gasps from Miriam and Durga. Durga and Miriam quickly run forward to get the papers. Sagar punches Mayank in his stomach making Mayank to fall to the ground holding his stomach in pain.
Sagar runs and holds Miriam's hand, dragging and pushing her to ground making her shout in pain as her hips hit the ground. Durga stops hearing Miriam's sound of pain and rushes back to help.
"Miriam, are you okay?" Durga kneels down to help Miriam stand up.
"Thank you. But the paper..."
Johnson's quickly fastens his steps and jumps on Sagar's shoulders.
"If you think I will let you ruin my life again. Then you're mistaken." Johnson yells. Sagar spins around but John holds tighter.
"Once I get my hands on those papers, you will wish you were dead."
"You mean these papers." Bharat holds it up and shows it Sagar.
Johnson steps down and rushes to Bharat's side while Mayank stays infront of Sagar again.
"Sign quickly." Johnson signs the paper and a breath of relief washes over him.
"Once the court receives the paper, you will be officially divorced." Bharat announces earning a clap from his family. Johnson smiles.
"Johnson?" Jared calls out making everyone to stop clapping.
"Father, don't apologise. You have been strict with me since like forever. This won't change anything. If you really want to show me your love and trust you have earn it." Johnson speaks before his dad could.
"At least could I have a hug?"
Johnson nods as his father walks closer to him and they hug. Jared whispers, "I'm sorry."

ONE MONTH LATER.
There's a knock on the door which Durga opens. She hugs Johnson and the rest of the family.
"Come in quickly." Durga says. "Miriam, I think we need to go to the kitchen. I need your help." They both giggle.
Johnson and his family take their seat on the couch. Johnson sees Bharat come from downstairs and he looks as lovely as before. Johnson heart beats faster seeing the handsome man infront of him.
"Johnson, you're here." Bharat hugs Johnson but makes sure he doesn't take too much time. He hand shakes Garg and Mayank while he hugs Tania.
"Dinner is already. Thank the goddess for Miriam, she helped me quicken up." Durga says holding a tray of plates. Miriam is holding a tray also. They set the plates on the table and everyone take their seats.
"Shall we pray?" Durga asks.
"I will." Miriam smiles. "As we have come together to eat this food, remember the poor Lord, remember the less fortunate lord. Thank you for the food and grant us good health."
"Amen" Everyone says including Durga.
"I know you purposely didn't call Jesus name because I'm a Hinduist. Thank you for understanding. Let's not let religion divide us. After all we have one supreme God but in different manifestations " Durga says.
Johnson smiles and looks down to get his spoon but sees a small diamond box near his spoon. He looks up and sees Bharat looking at him smiling so his everyone.
"Bha.. Bharat what's this?" Johnson stammers.
Bharat takes the box and kneels down. Johnson looks at everyone but they are all smiling.
"You have nothing to worry about. They all know. I told them my feelings for you. They understood. They want the best for both of us."
"Oh my God... you knew but didn't tell me? I will marry you Bharat it's a yes."
"I haven't even asked." Bharat says.
"I have already answered so put the ring"
Bharat puts the ring in his finger and Johnson qucikly hugs him. Johnson and Bharat face each other. Bharat nods giving him a go. Their lips connect together, Johnson feels the fireworks in his head and butterflies in his stomach as people said they had when they kiss their true love.
"What about Sagar?" Johnson asks looking around.
"He took some time off. He needed it. Don't worry about it. I love you so much."
"I love you too." Johnson replies as shouts erupts around them.
"Come on let's have dinner before it gets cold," Durga says.

THE END.