Memories

Rin, Obito, and Kakashi stared at the three small toddlers in front of them. One with bright yellow hair, another raven hair, and the final one pink hair. Rin squealed in delight at seeing them, while Obito and Kakashi were left speechless.

"I can't believe it! They really were time travelers!" Rin squealed, the three toddlers covered their sensitive ears. "They're soooo cute~" she sighed, Obito and Kakashi rolled their eyes. This was the first time they had been allowed to see the time travelers in private since they had been born about three years ago. And everything they had told them had been true. The day of Naruto's birth the nine tailed demon fox attacked Konoha, but it wasn't so much an 'attack', more like a stroll outside. Kurama just sat there, doing absolutely nothing until Minato sealed him inside of Naruto. Then everything went back to normal like the attack hadn't even happened.

"So you three were telling the truth?" Kakashi asked, he crossed his arms and stared down at the three toddlers. They were once so powerful a couple of months ago, but now their power was drastically limited in these tiny bodies of their's. And now they simply spent their days wherever they couldn't be found by their parents or fellow toddlers. Even the Byakugan couldn't pick up traces of them when they hid.

"Duh," Sakura rolled her eyes, "why wouldn't we tell the truth?" She asked. Kakashi could come up with a million reasons they wouldn't tell the truth, but decided to keep those reasons to himself.

"So you guys remember everything that happens in the future?" Obito asked curiously, "how does that even work?"

"We don't exactly know, just like how we don't know how Kurama was freed from my mom's body," Naruto told them, "in our universe Obito released Kurama from my mom.. but in our universe he's also evil. So obviously someone else released Kurama." He explained, they didn't quite understand, which caused the toddlers to sigh at their stupidity.

"We can show Kakashi what we mean.. Obito too." Sasuke said, "but in our timeline, Rin died. So we can't show you." Sasuke told them, Obito and Kakashi looked at each other nervously. But they didn't give them much time to think things over, because before they knew it they were shown visions of the children's timeline. Each through their own point of view, Kakashi watched everything his other timeline self saw, as did Obito. When the visions were over Rin watched as Kakashi's personality changed, he no longer questioned these kids. Instead he smiled down at them with a look of proudness in his face.

"Thanks, Naruto." Kakashi patted the young boy's head.

"It wasn't me, that was Kurama's doing. I guess since he technically came back in time with us he kept his memories and power too." Naruto explained, Sakura went and hugged Kakashi. As Sasuke just smiled at his young sensei.

"So you guys remember everything now?" Sakura asked them, looking from Kakashi to Obito. They thought for a moment before nodding. They had all their memories of their other timeline selves.

"I can't believe I did all those awful things.." Obito said shocked, Sakura placed her tiny hand on his to try and reassure him.

"It's okay.. only we know. And we've forgiven you." She smiled at him, "right guys?" She turned to Naruto and Sasuke who nodded their heads. Obito smiled with relief at the fact he didn't have to end up like his other self.

Kakashi looked down at his three students, "So, where have you guys been disappearing off to?" He questioned them, the three young ones smirked at each other. They pointed to their heads with a devilish glint in their eyes.

"The mindscape." They said in sync, Kakashi, Obito, and Rin looked at them confused. And slight horror at the fact they talked in perfect sync. The toddlers laughed at their horror stricken faces.

"Well to be more precise, Naruto's mindcscape, where Kurama lives." Sasuke added, "it's the only place no one can find us." He crossed his arms.

"Which means you best not tell anyone about it!" Naruto pointed a finger at them, "we may be small but we can still beat you up!" He threatened, Sakura and Sasuke nodded and crossed their arms, Rin laughed as Kakashi and Obito stepped back in fear.

"Really guys? They're toddlers!" Rin laughed, Obito and Kakashi gave her looks telling her to stop. But she didn't acknowledge them. Which was a bad idea. Sakura made a fist and punched the ground beneath her, the same thing she did to save Obito from the hole. It wasn't nearly as powerful as before but it still made quite a bit hole in the ground. Rin's face went white in fear as she stepped back with Kakashi and Obito, "Okay then... not getting on your guys's bad side." She laughed nervously.

"Good. Now if you'll excuse us, Kurama wants us in the mindscape right now." Naruto told them, "we are behind on our daily training due to this meet up." He told them seriously.

"Honestly, Kurama works us to the bone!" Sakura complained, "but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate the training." Sakura said, her physical form started to shimmer, before she disappeared in a swirl of cherry blossoms.

"Sakura always gets to go first!" Sasuke said annoyed, he groaned as his body shimmered too and he disappeared in a whirlwind of ebony feathers.

"Once again, I'm last." Naruto grumbled, his form flashed and a circle of fire was left where he once stood, leaving Kakashi, Obito, and Rin in pure shock.

"They disappeared again! Does this mean they're gone again?!" Rin said scared, what would their parents say when their children disappeared off the face of the earth?!

"No, you heard them. They're back in the mindscape." Kakashi pointed out, "they'll be back once they're done for the day."

"So what do we do now?" Obito asked.

"How about you guys tell me stories from the other timeline?" Rin suggested. Kakashi and Obito looked at each other before shrugging, it wouldn't hurt to tell her.

"Alright then, here's the story of the greatest team I've ever seen." Kakashi started, "the story of team seven."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Oh dang, team seven is already training at such a young age! Will they're training pay off in the end?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Back To The Past!