Mindscape

The three toddlers opened their eyes and stared at the blank mindscape around them. A tall cage separated from the demon fox on the other side, who was swishing his tail back and forth impatiently. Naruto laughed as he went over to the cage, he tapped it and the cage walls disappeared, leaving Kurama able to walk around the mindscape as well.

"You're late." Kurama growled, he looked down at the three who scratched their heads guiltily, "for that your training will be extended by one hour." Sasuke groaned while Naruto and Sakura simply nodded. In this timeline it was almost like their personalities had changed, Sasuke was still serious but he also was humorous and carefree. Naruto turned more serious, possibly due to the fact they couldn't mess up their mission, it was life or death. And Sakura, well she was more like her inner self, more hardcore and most of the other toddlers found her unfriendly, except for Sasuke and Naruto that was. It worked in their favor however, since most of the other kids didn't want to go near them they never had to talk or socialize with them.

"Alright then. First training exercise," Kurama staid as his tail flicked back and forth, "fight against each other, all at once. No holding back." The toddlers nodded as they took their positions across from each other. Sasuke sighed as he looked at Sakura and Naruto, they would most likely team up and attack Sasuke together, in this timeline they were far closer than they had ever been before. Which never worked in Sasuke's advantage.

"Ready.. set.." Kurama smirked, "go!" Sasuke charged at the others, but was knocked down by a punch to the face, seeing as how much it hurt he guessed it was Sakura who attacked him. He looked over to try and find Sakura but was instead attacked by Naruto. Naruto slammed a rasengan towards Sasuke's chest, but he easily dodged the attack, Sasuke smirked before he was hit on the back of the head by Sakura. She held him still as Naruto went in to attack with another rasengan, just in time thought he moved out of the way and Naruto ended up accidentally hitting Sakura, causing her to stumble back.

"Saki! You okay?" Naruto called out to her, Sasuke mentally facepalmed, 'Saki' was the nickname Naruto had given Sakura in this timeline, he called Sasuke 'Ke', but in return Sakura and Sasuke called him 'Ruto'.

"I'm fine!" Sakura called out, she stood back up, her hair had parted itself to reveal a small purple diamond on her forehead. The doctors called it a rare and unusual birthmark, but Naruto and Sasuke knew better, they knew it was her Hundred Healings Mark. Somehow she was able to keep the seal from the alternate timeline, just like how Sasuke was able to keep his Rinnegan and his Mangekyō Sharingan. And Naruto had kept the ability of accessing his Nine-Tails Chakra mode. Of course Sasuke had the most difficult time hiding his eyes, sometimes he wore contacts that matched his regular eye over his rinnegan, sometimes he just blocked his eye with his hair, actually most of the time he just blocked his eye with his hair.

"Come on, Saki! Just one more hit!" Naruto yelled out, Sasuke watched as Naruto created multiple shadow clones of himself. All of the shadow clones created their own rasengan and ran at Sasuke from all sides, Sasuke tried to jump away but was smacked down to the ground by Sakura. Sasuke coughed as the clones ran at Sasuke with their rasengan.

"Enough!" Kurama yelled, annoyed at the display, "You and Sakura need to stop teaming up against Sasuke. It's an unfair advantage." He told them, Sasuke nodded his head while Sakura and Naruto grumbled to each other.

"Anyways good time, forty-two minute fight." Kurama told them, the toddlers high fived each other in congratulations to themselves, forty-two minutes was an overall record for how long they have ever fought. And it was even more of an accomplishment that Sasuke had held both Sakura and Naruto off for that whole time.

"Cool! So let's do some more training! Still more than an hour to go!" Sasuke smiled, his smile quickly turned to a frown when Kurama shook his head no, "what?! Why?!" He asked annoyed and outraged.

"Because, I've decided you need to make friends with some of those other toddlers. The ones you're friends with in the other timeline." Kurama told them, "If you want to stop Madara in the future then you need those friends of yours."

"But-!" Sakura started but was cut off by Kurama swishing his tail back and forth more.

"No buts. And besides, maybe you should give them their memories as well." Kurama told them, "It would be nice if we started training them as well—." Kurama was suddenly cut off by seemingly nothing. He gulped and looked down at the toddlers.

"What's wrong, Kurama?" Naruto asked, concerned.

"I sense someone approaching close... he's like you Naruto.. holds a tailed beast inside of him." Kurama noted, "it's not a very powerful tailed beast, but still one nonetheless. I suggest you guys leave to meet them right now." Kurama said, the toddlers tried to argue before the mindscape around them seemed to break, and they opened their eyes to the real world around them, and a rustling in the bushes next to them. The three toddlers turned to the bush and got in a fighting stance.

"Wait! Naruto! Sakura! Sasuke!" The person in the bushes called out, "it's me!" The voice sounded oddly familiar, Sakura peered closer to the bush and saw unruly red hair poking out from the green shrubbery.

"Gaara..!? Is that you?!" Sakura said in shock, Naruto's eyes went round in shock at seeing his old friend.

Gaara looked up at them with a smile on his young face, "Yes, and I remember everything. I'm guessing you three do as well."

"What do you mean you remember everything?" Sasuke asked, he didn't let his defense up just yet, and got slightly annoyed when Gaara smirked at him, he opened his mouth to answer.

"The other timeline, of course."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yay Gaara! Now that he's here how will he affect the story? Good or bad? Who knows! BTW I want to ask you readers a question! Who should the three main characters end up with in the end! Or should they stay single for now? Vote down below!

Who should Naruto end up with?
Hinata
Ino
Sakura
No one?
Or comment someone else!

Who should Sakura end up with?
Naruto
Gaara
Sasuke
Sasori
Shikamaru
No one?
Or comment someone else!

Who should Sasuke end up with?
Sakura
Ino
Karin
Hinata
No one?
Or comment someone else!

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Back To The Past!