Questions

"How do you remember everything? You didn't come back in the past with us!" Naruto said confused, "You died! Sakura watched you die!" Gaara tensed up at the memory of his death, and Sakura paled when she remembered it as well. She hadn't been able to heal him in time, and he died in her arms. It was a memory Sasuke and Naruto knew not to bring up, but Naruto seemed to forget how scarring that was for her.

Gaara sighed as he tried to explain, "I think it's because I have Shukaku.. I'll admit at first I didn't remember the other timeline, but a few weeks ago it all came flooding back to me." He said, "But Kankuro and Temari remember nothing of the other timeline, so I came here. Hoping Naruto would remember as well." He told them, "I'm very happy to hear you two remember as well." He nodded at Sasuke and smiled at Sakura, causing Sakura's face to turn red.

"Temari and Kankuro aren't the only ones who don't remember," Sasuke said, "No one in Konoha remembers the other timeline except for Kakashi and Obito, but that's because we gave them their memories back." He scratched the back of his head, Gaara looked at him confused.

"You were able to show them the other timeline?" He asked in disbelief, "How?"

"Well it wasn't us who showed them, it was Kurama." Sakura told him, "Most likely because Kurama is an 'all powerful being' and 'the mightiest tailed beast there is'." Sakura said sarcastically, Kurama had often referred to himself as these things.

"That's not important right now, what is important is that you remember, Gaara! You remember the war! You remember Madara! That means you can train now to help us take him down in the future!" Naruto said excitedly, "Maybe Kurama can take you to the mindscape with us! Or maybe we can go to Shukaku's mindscape with you!"

"Hold on. You guys have been training this entire time?" Gaara asked, the toddlers nodded at his question, "shouldn't you guys be enjoying your childhood and just train in the future?"

"No. We want to be ready for Madara," Sakura said, "You don't know, but you died fairly early into the war, when there were still lots of ninjas alive." Sakura started, Sasuke talked where she left off.

"But soon after your death the numbers of ninja started decreasing rapidly." Sasuke sighed at the memory, "soon it was only the Konoha 12 and our senseis left. But they all died as well."

Naruto took the story from there, "they gave their lives to give us time to stop Madara, and if that means giving up our childhood to be ready for the war.."

"Then it's a small price to pay." The three said in sync, Gaara looked down at the ground, ashamed. Of course they wanted to train, if what they said is true then they need all the training they can get, Gaara needs all the training he can get.

"Do you plan on showing any of your friends their memories?" Gaara asked, "it would be a big help if they could train as well."

The toddlers looked at each other, they seemed to be communicating telepathically or something because they seemed to come to an agreement without even saying any words. "We'll tell them when they're teenagers, so they can at least have their childhood." Naruto said, "it's only fair." He smiled his toothy grin, Gaara understood, giving up their childhood was not a burden they wished to put on anyone else. Plus they had already done their part, it was team seven's turn now.

"So will you begin training with us, Gaara?" Sakura asked, she smiled at him which made Gaara feel all sorts of happiness, and against his better judgement he nodded his head in agreement, "yes! You're the best Gaara!" Gaara felt two pairs of eyes glaring at him and turned to see Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke's glare was more of a 'brotherly protection' glare, Gaara was unable to tell the emotions and feelings behind Naruto's glare. Gaara scratched the back of his head nervously, he didn't want to be on the boys' bad sides.

Sakura turned towards the boys and their glares immediately disappeared, replaced by smiles and thumbs ups, "All right, Gaara! From now on Kurama will take you to the mindscape with us!" Naruto beamed, "we'll have Kurama contact Shukaku a few minutes before taking you to the mindscape!" He explained to him, Gaara nodded in understanding.

"You should probably head back to the Hidden Sand village now, so your dad and siblings won't be worried." Sasuke told him, Naruto and Sakura agreed.

"Alright, but I'll visit Konoha whenever I can, which will be very, very often." Gaara smirked, "maybe I'll see if Shukaku can show Temari and Kankuro their memories, so I'm not stuck remembering things they don't even know." Gaara shrugged, he did think it was a good idea how the three toddlers were giving the others their childhood, and he wasn't exactly looking forward to his siblings remembering the other timeline. But then again he didn't want to be super lonely.

"Sounds good, Gaara! If anything happens we'll contact you right away!" Naruto did a thumbs up, there was something in his eyes though that told Gaara that Naruto didn't generally want Gaara to come back all that often, which was understandable since Gaara had an idea that Naruto liked Sakura.. something pained inside of Gaara though when he thought of Naruto liking Sakura...

Gaara frowned and looked at the ground, "Sakura. Could I talk to you for a moment? Alone?" He asked, Sakura tilted her head at him, confused, she shrugged and shooed the two boys off. As they left Naruto shot Gaara a glare, as Sasuke gave him a reassuring pat on the back before glaring at Gaara as well. Gaara gulped nervously.

"What is it Gaara?" Sakura asked confused, her smile made Gaara feel.. happy. Something he rarely had ever felt in the other timeline, and during the war when he had fought beside Sakura..

Gaara gulped, he looked Sakura right in the eyes before speaking.

"You remember the other timeline just as much as I do." He said and smiled, "then you remember what I asked you before I died." He chuckled softly.

"So what is your answer?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Oh dang, what did Gaara ask Sakura before he died? Is it what you think or something totally different?!

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Back To The Past!