DEALING A STALKER

Dealing A Stalker 🚶

Stalker » A person who illegally follows and watches someone over a period of time.

↪Stalkers use a variety of methods to stalk victims, including following the victim on foot or in a vehicle, or using email, instant messaging, video cameras, digital cameras, listening devices or global positioning systems (GPS).

1. Talk to someone. Stalking thrives on secrecy - if nobody knows what's going on that gives the stalker the opportunity to keep on going. Whereas if people know they can do things to keep you safe and they can take power away from the stalker

2. Keep evidence of the stalking. Keep all emails, phone messages, letter and notes from the stalker.

3. If a stalker follows or contacts you, make note of the date, time and location that the incident occurred.

4. Don't communicate with the stalker or respond to his/her attempts to contact you.

5. Trust your instincts and don't downplay the danger.

6. Decide in advance how you will respond if the stalker shows up at you home, office, school or somewhere else.

7. Obtain a court order that instructs the stalker to stay away from you.

8. Develop a safety plan. Have friends or relatives stay with you and/or accompany you when you go places.

9. Try not to maintain set habits. Periodically change your route to work as well as the time and day of the week that you conduct personal tasks such as grocery shopping.

10. If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you are not in immediate danger, call the local police non-emergency number.

DETECTIVEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara