Branches of Sciences and Sub-Sciences

1. Social Sciences deal with human beings and their interactions with each other.

a. Demography- the science of vital and social statistics such as birth and marriage, etc., of the population.

b. History- study of past occurrences.

c. Psychology- the science of the human mind and its functions; or the study of the human behavior.

d. Sociology- the study of man and his relationship with other men towards society.

2. Abstract Sciences deal with abstract ideas and employ the mental faculties.

a. Computer Science- study of mathematics and technology of computers and their applications.

b. Geometry- a form of mathematics that deals with, among others, the deduction of properties, measures and relationship of parts, lines and angles in space.

c. Logic- the science of correct or reliable reasoning.

d. Logistics- military science dealing with the procurement, maintenance, and transportation of facilities.

e. Mathematics- study of numbers and measurements.

f. Numerology- the study of numbers as in a persons birthdate to interpret his or her character.

g. Numismatics- the study and collection of coins, medals, or paper money.

h. Philately- collection and study of postage stamps, postmarks, and religious items

i. Philology- the study of written texts, especially of literary works, to establish authenticity.

j. Philosopy- the study of the truth and principles of being, knowledge, and conduct.

3. The Natural Sciences, classified as either Pure or Applied, and divided into Physical or Biological Science, do not simply describe and explain nature. The natural Sciences are part of the interplay between nature and man and decribe nature as exposed to our method or questioning.

a. Physical Sciences(16 fields)

© Astronautics- the science of travel beyond the earths atmosphere.

©Astronomy- the science that deals with the material universe beyond the earths atmosphere.

©Biochemistry- the study of chemistry of living cells, tissues, organs and organisms; study of the chemical composition of living matter and of the chemical processes that occur in living organisms. This fields is particularly important in agriculture, biology, health, and pharmacology.

©Chemistry- deals with matter and its properties, composition, and it's structures; the changes that it undergoes and the energy that is released or absorbed during these changes.

©Cryogenics- the branch of physics that deals with very low temperature specially those near absolute zero.

©Cybernetics- the study of human control functions and mechanical and electrical systems design to replace them.

©Gemology- the study of gems and rare stones.

©Geography- the science dealing with the earths surface and such elements as climate, etc.

©Geology- the study of the earth and its history, including its rocks and its physical changes.

©Meteorology- science dealing with the atmosphere and its phenomena, including weather and climate.

©Mineralogy- science or study of minerals.

©Paleontology- the science of the forms of life existing in former geologic periods.

©Physics- science dealing with the properties, changes, interactions of matter and energy.

©Radiology- science dealing with x-ray or rays from radioactive substances especially for medical uses.

©Seismology- the science of earthquakes and their phenomena.

©Volcanology- the study of volcanoes and of eruptive phenomena.

b. Biological Sciences(32 fields)

©Bacteriology- the study of bacteria.

©Biology- the study of life; the science of living matter in all its forms and phenomena.

©Biophysics- the branch of biology dealing with the study of biological structures and processes by means of the methods of physics.

©Botany- the study of plants.

©Cytology- the branch of biology dealing with the study of cells.

©Ecology- the branch of biology dealing with the relations between organisms and their environments.

©Entemology- the branch of zoology dealing with insects.

©Genetics- the study of heredity.

©Gerontology- the branch of science that deals with aging and the special problems of aged person.

©Ichthyology- the branch of biology dealing with fishes.

©Immunology- the branch of medicine dealing with immunity from disease.

©Medicine- the art and science of diagnosing, treating, or preventing of disease.

©Microbiology- the study of microscopic organisms.

©Molecular Biology- the study of biochemical molecular processes of replication,transcription, and translation.

©Mycology- the study of fungi.

©Nutrition- the scientific study of the sum of processes concerned in the growth, maintenance, and repair of the living body as a whole or of its constituent organs.

©Oceanography- the body of science dealing with the ocean.

©Opthalmology- the branch of medicine dealing with the anatomy, functions, and diseases of the eyes.

©Optometry- the profession of testing the eyes for defects of vision, in order to prescribe corrective glasses.

©Ornithology- the branch of zoology dealing with birds.

©Orthodontics- the branch of dentistry dealing with prevention and correction of irregular dentition.

©Orthopedics- the correction or cure of deformities and diseases of skeletal system.

©Pathology- the science of the origin and nature of diseases.

©Pediatrics- science dealing with medical care and diseases of children.

©Pharmacology- the science dealing with the discovery, chemistry, composition, identification, effects and uses, and manufacture of drugs.

©Pharmacy- the art and science of dispensing drugs.

©Physiology- the science dealing with functions of living organisms or their parts.

©Protozoology- the study of one celled animals.

©Taxonomy- biological classification of diverse kinds of organisms.

©Virology- the study of viruses.

©Zoology- the study of animals.

©Zymurgy- the branch of chemistry dealing with fermentation such as brewing.