eleven

Niamh's pov

"I think what's happened here is, now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your father has just driven through a police barricade." Gerry said.

"You'd be correct" I said.

"Well, it's done now." Mary mumbled.

"Oh, that's true. It's probably not even that big a deal if you ignore the fact that Orangemen are circling us as though we're their fucking prey!" Gerry yells.

"I'm starting to understand how Moby Dick must feel." Clare says.

"Christ, I'm sweating here."

"Aye me too." I agree.

"They really don't look that happy, do they?" Gerry asked.

"Why don't we just that it was an accident, that we don't want any trouble?" Mary replied.

"I'm not going out there."

"Well, send one of the wains out."

"What." I yelled.

"No way." Clare and James replied.

"Well, the wee fella's English. They might respect that." Mary said.

"I think they would respect that, actually." Clare agrees.

"Away you go, son." Gerry tells him.

"You're not serious!" He replies.

"It'll be grand James" I smile at him.

"Underneath it all, I'm sure they're reasonable enough people." Gerry tells him.

Then the orange fuckers start rocking the damn car, something that we really don't need at this point in time.

"Absolutely no chance!" James yells.

-

We were finally back on the road, after a bit of a pickle with the orange order.

"I hope your father appreciates the fact that I was the one who got us out of that mess."

"He won't." I remind him.

"Nobody back there actually believed you were a Japanese tourist, Gerry. They all thought you were a nutcase. They took pity on you. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Dear God, no!" Mary panicks.

"What's wrong?" Gerry asked.

"I can't find my purse." She replied.

"I can see your purse right there."

"No, that's my sterling purse. I'm talking about my punt purse. I can't find my punt purse, Gerry. Blessed St Anthony, the Grace of God has made you the patron saint of all things lost and stolen.
I turn to you this day with childlike love and"

James just looked at me, he was so confused. I yawned, and laid my head down on his shoulder, he was my only option due to Clare reading that whale book. I could see him smirk when I did so, but I wasn't caring, not after the Katya incident.

"Look, Mary, calm down."

"Calm down, Gerry? We have no punts! We can't go to the Free State without punts. We're puntless. We haven't a punt between us. Oh, God. I think I think I'm having a panic attack. Oh, stupid punts."

"Over this? So what happened back there was totally fine, but this, this is worth having a panic attack about?" Gerry asked.

"You're going to have to turn around." Mary asked.