thirtytwo

Niamh's pov

"Are you going out with James? Niamh? Niamh. Niamh!" Erin asked me for the tenth time today.

"Shut up Erin! I already told you no." I yelled.

"Aye, but I just don't believe you." She whispered, taking another bite of he toast.

"Och shut up." I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking upstairs to put my school uniform on.

"Come on girls, you're gonna be late. Gerry can you drive them?" Aunt Mary asked.

"I'll drive them Mary." Grandpa smiled.

"You can't Granda, you've been suspended, for the third time." Erin told him.

"Aye I'll drive them, hurry up girls." Gerry said.

Erin and I ran upstairs, grabbing our bags and throwing out shoes on, by the time we got downstairs Orla had arrived, she had missed the bus too as she was helping Sarah with her tan.

"Right let's get going." Gerry said.

Erin ran to the front of the car and so Orla and I scrambled into the back. School had started 3 minutes ago, and by the time we got there, we might have missed first lesson. Shit.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Michelle asked, slapping me over the head with her English book.

"Slept in you dick." I replied.

"Aye well you missed English. English is a really important class for all of our futures." Clare told us.

"It's alright Clare it's only one class." Erin said.

"Unless we get kidnapped on the way home. Then it'll be more than one class." Orla smiled.

"Orla, if we get kidnapped on the way home, I'd be more than happy to go if it gets me out this shitehole." I say.

"Erin Quinn, Orla McCool and Niamh McCarthy to Sister Michael's office please."

"For fucks sake." I mumbled, saying goodbye to Michelle, then walking towards the office.

-

"What was that about." James asked, coming over to see us.

"oh I see you're finally here." I scolded.

"Sorry, sorry, I was in maths, I really don't get these equations." James said.

"It's fine. But that, was about Erin, Orla and I being late cause we slept in and Sister thought we were truanting." I laughed.

"Wouldn't put it past you." James smiled putting his arm round my shoulders.

"oi." I say, hitting his chest with my water bottle.

The bell rang again and it was time for history. I really couldn't not be bothered with history today. Not going to bed till 3 last night was taking its toll on me. History was as boring as it could have been, and included repeatedly reading the same paragraph about the famine until it was memorised. The girls all looked as bored as I did, apart from Clare, she liked this class, she likes every class.

-

"How good looking did Mr. Murphy look today." Michelle said as we sat down at her kitchen table.

"I wasn't really paying attention to him Michelle, I was a bit more focused on the fact that Jenny Joyce, had forgotten her homework." I reply.

"Aye that was a shocker." Erin said.

"Niamh, can I talk to you." James asked.

"Yeah go for it." I smiled.

"I meant, maybe a bit more private." James stuttered.

"Aye sure, let's go." I said standing up and following James upstairs.

"So, you alright." I asked.

"erm, well, I had to ask you a question. Would you maybe want to go out to dinner? like a date kinda thing?" James smiled trying to keep his cool.

"Of course I would James. That would be nice." I smiled back, trying to hide my blush with my hair.

"Great." James relaxed. "I can tell you the details at school tomorrow."

"Sounds good." I reply, walking back down to see the girls.

"What was that about then." Erin asked.

"Nothing you need to worry about." I smiled.

"Aye likely." Michelle said.

"Here my ma'll be wondering where we are, see you tomorrow yeah." Erin said.

"Yeah will do, don't be late again, that bus was a nightmare with just James and Clare." Michelle replied.

"We're right here Michelle." Clare told her .

"Bye guys." I say closing the door.

"What did James want? Niamh? Niamh!" Erin started pestering me.

not again.

***********************************

guess who's back :)

I don't know when and what I'm updating tho lol

(701 words)