twentyfour

Niamh's pov

Here we were, at a wedding of all places, Erin and I were forced to wear the same dress in different colours, sit next to each other in the front of the chapel, and share a hymn book. There was only so much Erin I could take in one day and this was pushing the boundaries. As I was saying, we were at a wedding, waiting for Aunt Sarah to arrive. But before she could, the music started and we all stood up and turned around, and who was it that was walking down the isle? aye, Sarah, wearing a full white outfit, gloves an all.

"Jesus!" Aunt Mary whispered when she seen her.

"But that taxi took forever, so it did. Oh! Isn't she gorgeous?" Aunt Sarah smiled.

"Give me strength."

-

I was standing with Erin and Orla at the bar, waiting for Michelle, James and Clare to arrive. Gonna be honest it was a bit boring with just Erin and Orla.

"Thank God!" Erin said spotting the gang.

"Motherfuckers!"

oh how I've missed you Michelle

"How's it been?" Clare asked.

"Boring." I replied.

"Brilliant." Orla smiled.

"Erin!, Niamh!, Orla!" Mary comes over.

"Aw, for Christ's sake!"

"I said you could invite one friend to the reception! One!" Mary told us.

Well technically we'd just invited one friend each.

"Och, Mummy, they don't come separately."

"Aye, we're pack animals, Mary." Michelle said.

"I love your hat, Mrs Quinn." James smiled at her.

"Thanks, son. Well, no old carry-on.
Do you hear me? We're in enough bother as it is. Best behaviour." She points at us.

"Completely!"

"You'll have no trouble from us, Mary." Michelle smiles. "Okay, girls, who wants to do drugs?"

"Me."

"Aye me too." I jumped.

"I'm sorry?" Clare asked.

"Nothing heavy, just a bit of blow."

"And where are you planning on getting a bit of blow from, Michelle?" Erin asked.

"Right, well, you know Macca?"

"I can't say I do."

I knew Macca, long story

"Aye, Macca. Big Macca. Come on! Everybody knows Macca."

"We don't." Clare said.

"Wise up! Macca? Macca. Macca. Macca!"

"That's not helping, Michelle!"

"Macca. Tall fella, dark hair, wonky nose from when he used to do the bare-knuckle boxing. Look, he's loads of tattoos, big scar under his left eye. He was kicked out of Creggan for joyriding!" Michelle explained.

"He's also got a limp, from, you know, fighting" I added.

"How the fuck do you know." Erin asked me.

"Well, he sounds delightful!" Clare said.

"He said he can hook us up. Class or what?"

"I'm not sure." Erin huffed.