fifteen

Niamh's pov

It was a summer to remember alright, For generations, we'd known nothing but violence. Nothing but hatred. But finally we were saying, "Enough is enough". Finally, we were saying, "Let's give peace a chance". 

Today we were all going to this friends across the barricade. We were running late and Erin was just out the bath. Clare was eating breakfast and we were waiting for Michelle and James to arrive.

"For the love of God don't forget your waterproof trousers. They nearly bloody bankrupted us. Do the Protestants have to bring waterproof trousers? Or will the Catholics be expected to do all the dirty work? Mary asked shoving the trousers at Erin and me.

"What dirty work? It's an outdoor pursuits weekend." Erin said.

"I thought you said you were be building bridges?"

"Not real bridges, Mary, metaphorical bridges." I said.

"Then why can't you wear metaphorical trousers?"

"Will any of your crowd be going, love?" Sarah asked Clare.

"My crowd?"

"Or can you not get Protestant lesbians?"

Jesus Christ

"No, I think you can get them all right, it's just-"

"I heard that K.D Lang on the radio yesterday. Christ, but she's some set of pipes on her. You're very talented people." Grandpa said.

"Has anybody seen my bow and arrow" Orla yells, coming in wearing her camouflage with a camping knife in her hand.

"Orla really thrives in the wild, you know. That time we went camping in Portsalon, sure she was like Mowgli running around them woods. She was that happy, Mary, I honestly thought about just leaving her there." Sarah smiled.

The doorbell rung

"I'll go" I yelled.

"Cock-a-doodle-doo!"

"Hi Niamh"

"Bet that's what he said when he was nabbed." Michelle said.

"When who got nabbed? Have yous not heard? You know your man? Floppy hair, English, he's all, "Fuck-a-doodle this, "fuck-a-doodle that". He's flat out going to weddings with his mates, until one of them, the fat, beardy one in the skirt, until he croaks it and they're all, "We need to show this man a bit of respect here, "let's stop all the clocks". He goes with your woman. Do you know her? She's a total ride, but she paperclips her frocks together. Well, he was caught getting down and dirty with some hooker in the back of his BMW. Dark horse or what?"

right then Michelle

"Good Morning, Michelle." Aunt Mary said.

"I am buzzing for this weekend. Them waterproof trousers do wonders for my hole."

"Mine are pink. They're bright pink." James complained.

Canny wait to see these.

"They were two for one, James, stop crying."

"Two for one? Where?" Mary asked.

"Kay's catalogue. Oh, and my mammy said to tell you-"

"Her big bowl. I know, I know, I keep forgetting, I'll drop it round today."

"No, she says you're to hang on to it."

"What? She doesn't want her big bowl back? But why? There's nothing wrong with that bowl."