thirtyone

Niamh's pov

We had managed to get down and find Clare without being stopped by security, which was unusual for us.

"It's the best spot. I got THE best spot." Clare smiled.

"What happened to your face?" Erin asked.

"See that bitch over there?"

"That wee girl?" I said.

"She tried to muscle in, things got ugly. She'll think twice next time." Clare smirked.

"You didn't fight that wain, did you, Clare?" Erin asked her.

"I did fight that wain, Erin, and I'll fight that wain again if I have to."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Michelle asked.

"People have been circling this spot like vultures. I've managed to hold them off so far. But it's only gonna get tougher. We must show no weakness. We must be as one." Clare said.

"Are you on glue?"

"Come on, link up!"

And so we did, this wasn't embarrassing at all.

"Come on, James!" Clare yelled.

"I need to talk to you. To all of you." James said.

"Later, James." Clare replied.

"It can't wait."

"Just fuck up and link on." Michelle told him.

"I'm leaving." He stuttered out.

"Your what?" I whispered.

"I'm going back to London with Mum."

There was a silence that I'd never heard before between us. This was bad, this was really bad.

"When?" Erin asked.

"Now. I have to go now. The taxi's booked. I'm sorry. It was all decided so quickly." James mumbled.

"I don't understand." Orla said.

"He's not serious."

"I am."

"You can't leave, James." I told him, tears pricking at my eyes.

"Look, this was always gonna happen. This was never my real life. It was just something that got in the way of it."

what, is that what you thought of all of this?

"What are you talking about? You love it here." Erin told him.

"I'm not sure I do. I think I've just developed Stockholm syndrome." James said.

"Catch yourself on. You've never even been to Switzerland." Michelle laughed.

"James please." I begged.

"Listen. I'll never forget this place. Or the people in it." James said looking at me. I couldn't believe this. "But I have to go home now. It's time. Goodbye, girls. Bye Niamh."

"Oh, I don't fucking think so somehow, dickface." Michelle said running after him, and I ran too, I was not letting him get away.