17. Strange

A L M I R A' S  P O V

Strange! Very strange!

I am noticing the change in Rahim's behaviour and that is kinda scaring me. Don't blame because he never talks to me like that. In a soft tone.

Anyway, today Rahim went to office without having his breakfast and it worries me but that should not be my concern, was right?

I started packing mine and Rahim's bags, yes I packed his' too cause he will arrive then he will drag his lazy self to pack the bag and that's gonna waste hell lot of time. Finally home sweet home!

And yes, how could I forget that we would be getting the divorce too. But, something doesn't seem to set right. I am not that happy as I used to be with this thought

After a lot hours of waiting and tolerating Aunt Rizwana, it was time to leaving for home. Yayy!! I was just waiting for Rahim to come. When will he arrive and then we can leave this hellhole.

I was in the kitchen, as usual, setting up the dining table for the dinner when I saw Rahim entering the house.

He walked past me not even acknowledging my presence. Whaaaattt?! How dare he? But why am I even expecting him to notice me.

After setting the dishes, I stalked up to the room to see Rahim finding something as he had made a mess of the room.

"Kya dundh rahe ho tum?" I entered the room taking a look at how untidy it had turned into. Rahim's back froze as he heard my voice. Is he okay? What happened to him? (What are you searching for?)

He turned back to look at me and for a second, for a millisecond his eyes soften at the sight of me. Or was I just hallucinating?

"Tell me. What are you searching for?" I reiterated, nearing towards him. I asked him genuinely out of concern but this guy doesn't seem to care less about. Still no response!

Fine, that way it is. He has already tested my patience.

"IBRAHIM SHAFIN SYED?! WHERE ARE YOU LOST IN YOUR LA LA LAND?! GET OUT OF IT AND ANSWER ME, YOU MANIAC!" I heaved. I am gonna get a sore throat because of him.

I think that did the work because he snapped out of his trance and his eyes got wide at me.

"Uh Mira- I am searching for- wait what was I searching for?!" Cue the facepalm.

I dragged him towards the bed and made him sit down.

"Rahim, kya ho raha hai tumhe? Why are you dozing off in between? Are you okay?" I cautiously kept my hand over his forehead to see whether he has a temperature or not. He has been acting very weird since he returned from his work. (What's happening to you?)

"Don't touch me." Ouch. Now, now now! I found his act very rude.

"No. . . I didn't mean to offend you." He rushed looking at my slightly hurt expression. " It can be fever also, I just asked you to not touch me so that you don't catch a fever." Oh! My mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"Okay, then you should take rest. Actually I came here to call you for dinner, also looking at your condition I don't think so that you will be able to rive tomorrow. we'll leave tomorrow because today the." I stated.

"No-no It 'can' be a fever it's not sure that it 'is' a fever." He explained quoting the word 'can' and 'is'. Drama queen.

"Hmm. . . Why are you still in your suit?" I questioned him. "Go change into something else, aren't you feeling uncomfortable in it?"