33. The Prank

A L M I R A' S  P OV

Hush! I sighed. Finally Rahim went. He tried a lot of tricks to get me out of the kitchen but I didn't. I was ignoring him. He will again ask me that I love him or not and I don't love him....do I?

And if I love him also, which I don't, then what's the point because we will be getting the divorce because Aunt Maroosha wants me to. God?! Why I don't feel good about this?

I glanced at him who was almost at the door to leave for work. I didn't want to look at him, not even glance but involuntary my eyes moved towards his direction. I tried, I tried to control them but they were not in my limitations and the most dreading part was that he was also looking back at me and I averted my eyes as soon as possible.

God, please guide me to the correct path. I silently prayed.

I thought that it was high time that I should have breakfast. In ignoring Rahim I forgot to have my breakfast.

I got out of the kitchen and sat down to have my breakfast. Almost everyone was done only Dadu and Nano were having their after breakfast medicines.

I greeted them, who reluctantly greeted me back with bright smiles as I continued with my muesli.

"Dear, ignorance will lead you nowhere it will just distance you both." Dadu spoke suddenly making me concious.

"Yes, and I have seen the restlessness in Rahim's eyes when you were not sitting beside him today." Nano nodded.

"I am advising you Mira take back the decision of divorce." Dadu added.

"But you both supported us." I reasoned them.

"That time you both hated each other, the feelings were mutual. But now you both love each other." Nano justified.

"And the feelings are still mutual." Dadu piped in.

"Um...no..I do-not love him. What gave you the idea Dadu and Nano." I implored them nervously looking here and there.

"Your eyes." Dadu answered.

Why my eyes always put me in trouble?!

"No, I do not." I shook my head. "I gotta go, need to complete my project."

"You just now proved it that you do." I heard Nano mumbling.

I went upstairs and started doing my daily chores that is to clean the room. I hate keeping the room untidy whereas Rahim always does that.

When I came back to my room, after offering my Salah and the for lunch, my phone started ringing.

I picked up the phone to see Fahad's caller ID flashing. Why is he calling? I picked up the call.

"Hello?! Mira, that- that Rahim.." He stuttered.

"Rahim? Rahim kya? What happened, Faha?" I voiced out eagerly. (What?)

"Please come here as soon as possible."

"Fine I'll be there."

What to do?! Shall I tell at home? But they will be worried. Whar must have happened to Rahim. I decided to call Nada, she would definitely be a help.

"Hello? Nada? Asalamwalaikum (peace be upon you)."

"Walaikumasalam (peace be upon you too) Mira. Why do you sound so tensed?"

"Nada! Please come with me to Rahim's office, please." I begged her as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Mira, calm down and tell me what happened to Rahim."