19. Pick-up Lines

A L M I R A' S P O V

I still cannot decipher what Rahim said.

I still can't believe that he loves me.

I still can't comprehend the fact that he kissed me on the cheek.

Ugh.....this is so stressful!

I need to call Nada. That's the best solution and the best therapy too.

After offering the last prayer of the day. I instantly dialled Nada's number.

"Hello Nada? Girl, I am in a big problem. Help me!"

"Chill! What happened? Tell me calmly." She tried to relax me.

"I need to talk to you face to face. Now we cannot meet. It's already dark outside."

"Okay- chill. Tomorrow we'll have a sleepover at my house. You come here by six o' clock in the evening and we'll have a pyjama party. Yayy. How's the idea?" She suggested. "Kitna maza aayega!" I heard squeal in joy. (It would be so much of fun!)

"Accha idea hai. I'll ask permission from my Mom and then inform you, okay? (Nice idea.)

"First ask Rahim." As soon as she said those words I recalled what all happened between me and him and now my mind is blank.

"Hello? Mira? Are you there?" Nada pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yes I am. I'll tell you tomorrow whether I'll come or not." I heard the door opening from behind me. I knew who it was so I didn't turn back.

"Okat then. Bye bestfriend! Take care. Love you. Sweet dreams and good night." She gave me a really long goodbye speech.

"Ha-ha. same to you." I spoke in a hushed voice.

"Can you not reapeat what I said." I heard her fake hurt voice. "Here I am putting efforts and you-" Such a Drama Queen.

"TAKE CARE. SWEET DREAMS. GOOD NIGHT. Happy?"

"Hey you missed best friend part." Ugh...why am I even friends with her?

"Oh God I swear I'll come rightnow at your house and make you drink castor oil." I threatened her through the phone.

"Okay, chill yaar bye now. Love you." Doesn't she use 'chill' in her every possible sentence? Or Is it just me?

"Ya bye. Love you too." I cut the call just to hear a dramatic gasp.

"What?" I asked Rahim turning towards him.

"You already love someone?! How could you? I thought you loved me." Another Drama Queen.

"Oh God." I groaned. "Shut your mouth Rahim. I do not love anyone in a romantic way. It was Nada whom I was talking to and by the way who said that I love you? The speech I gave before is not enough for you?" I glared at him.

"Ha-ha abhi nahi karti par tum karogi." He looked me in the eyes and said daringly.
(Ya, you don't love me now but you'll.)

"Huh! Keep dreaming." I went towards the heap of clothes waiting on the bed to be folded.

"Yes. I will, afterall you are the best dream which I wish to turn into a vision." I was so shocked after hearing it. Because I couldn't believe that my once upon a time enemy was saying this to me.

"What? You don't know what are visions? Its okay I am your helpline and lifeline to help you." He came closer towards me. "Vision are the dreams that come tru-."