» minho

"They're back!"

Chuck bursts through the room, alerting you of what is going on. On other occasions, you would yell at him for disturbing the injured people, but you don't due to the information he brings.

"Really?" you ask Chuck, setting down the wet towel into the silver bowl. You had been tending to Teresa - the poor girl who had collapsed in a coma when she first came - but the news from Chuck was top priority for you.

"They're coming in! Right now! Minho, Thomas, and Alby are alive!"

You run out, following Chuck out of the Homestead where you see the Gladers group around the entrance to the West Door, voices clamouring over one another to be heard.

You slip through the crowd, pushing some of the boys who were in your way until you reach the front.

Both Thomas and Minho look battered and exhausted, scratches and small bruises adorning their faces and arms.

Minho grabs Thomas' arm and pulls him into the Glade, where they are welcomed by the other boys of the Glade.

"Minho," you utter out when he stands in front of you, letting Thomas go.

"Worried about me?" he asks, a grin rising on his face.

"Worried? You could've died, I could've lost -"

"Aw, come on, I don't go down that easily," he says, his smile growing larger on his face.

You're about to say more, but you know that the other Gladers can hear, and that both him and Thomas need to get checked up on.

"Just get your asses to the Homestead," you say tiredly, running your hand through your hair. You didn't get much sleep last night, tossing and turning in bed at the thought of Minho out in the Maze all night.

"Yes, ma'am." Minho presses a fleeting kiss to your temple, heading towards the building. Thomas joins him and they enter, the doors swinging shut behind them.

You want to go and treat them first, but you walk to where Newt and some other Gladers are hauling Alby's body into the Glade.

"Someone get him the Grief Serum!" Newt shouts.

"We have to get him a bed first," Clint says.

Newt mutters something, lips pressed together as he and the other Med-jacks drag Alby towards the direction of the Homestead. "(Y/N), go check on Tommy and Minho," Newt says, sensing your impatience.

You give him a grateful smile before you rush into the Homestead, bounding up the stairs and into one of the many rooms where the injured go. Thomas and Minho are sitting on the one bed, their legs dangling over the side as they talk in hushed whispers about something.

"About time you got here," Minho quips, his attention on you as you walk to the dresser.

"Shut your shuck hole, Minho," you say seriously, frustrated that he keeps on playing off the event as a joke. You grab a towel and a silver bowl, pouring water onto the towel. Picking up the soaked towel, you wring it, your knuckles turning white from the force you're using.

"Um...should I leave?" Thomas begins to stand up, an uncomfortable look crossing his face.

"Sit down, Thomas," you command, and he immediately falls into position.

Starting with Thomas, you dab at the scars and bruises on his face, needing to wet the towel every once in a while. When you're done, you send him into the bathroom and tell him to clean himself up.

You drop the towel into the silver bowl, getting another bowl and towel, repeating the same thing. Standing in front of Minho, you start to dab at the scars on his face.

"What did I do wrong?" Minho asks, his gaze set on you while you work on cleaning his face.

"You're absolutely ridiculous," you say, your movements stopping.

"What? It wasn't like I was going to die or anything. I'm tougher than you think," he says, smirking.

Sighing, you press harder than necessary into a bruise, hearing him yelp in pain. "Is this really all a joke to you?" you ask him, setting the towel into the bowel. You place it on the dresser, leaning against while you look at him.

"You know that being a Runner's dangerous, and we've been through this. Besides, you're always here to patch me up," he answers, that annoying grin appearing on his face again.

"You don't understand!" you yell, frustrated. "I was scared, Minho. I thought that something would happen to you. I couldn't sleep because I was so scared that you weren't coming b -" you break off, tears flooding your eyes and your voice breaking. You take a breath to continue. "I thought that I was going to lose you," you whisper, wiping your eyes with the back of your hand.

You hear Minho get off the bed, and he takes a few steps until he's standing in front of you, caging you against the dresser. You're staring at his chest, the colour of his uniform already fading.

"(Y/N), look at me," he says, his tone void of any humour. He tips your chin up so you're looking into his eyes. "I made you a promise that I'd come back to you; that I'd come home, no matter what. Remember?"

You nodded, and he drops his hand from your chin, leaning forward until you lips are barely touching.

"I don't intend to break that promise. Ever." His lips press against yours, his hands moving down to your waist, arms wrapping around you.

You hear the sound a door opening, followed by a small yelp.

Minho pulls away, looking towards the bathroom door.

"Ah, shuck...I didn't - I mean - I didn't know that -" Thomas stammers, his face red from the scene that he witness.

"Get your shuck ass out," Minho says.

You hide your grin by leaning your forehead into Minho's chest, biting your lip to keep in your laughter.

You hear the door open and close, and you let out the laughter you've been holding in.

"Well, that ruined the mood," Minho groans, pecking your forehead before moving away.

"Go clean yourself up, Minho," you say, a smile on your face.

"Would you like to join me?" He winks, a smirk appearing on his face.

"No." You push him towards the direction of the bathroom, the smile on still on your face as the door shuts behind him once he enters.