» minho

[ WARNING: Spoilers alert. Do not read if you haven't read The Death Cure. ]

Newt leaves the weapons room, his limp prominent as he walks.

Thomas lets out a breath of frustration at the situation, letting go out Minho and adjusting his own shirt.

"Minho - find a few more Launchers for us to bring, and then get a couple of the pistols on that shelf over there. Brenda, can you fill up a box with as much ammo as possible? I'll go get Newt."

Brenda and Minho both start working on what their tasked with, and Thomas begins to walk out. But he stops in front of where you stand, stunned by the fight that had ensued between Newt and Minho.

"Talk some sense into him, (Y/N)," Thomas whispers so Minho can't hear.

You nod, knowing that there's something off about the way Minho is acting. All five of you are all tense, but breaking out into a fight won't help it.

Thomas leaves and you shift over to Minho, grabbing some pistols to help him.

"Minho -" you start.

"Don't," he says, not looking up from the Launchers that he's grabbing.

You purse your lips, thinking of the best way to get through to him. But there's nothing but a direct approach. "Why? Why are you being such a slinthead to Newt?"

He stops his movement, staring at the Launcher that he was about to pick up.

You send a glance towards Brenda, and she nods slightly, going out of the weapons room to give the two of you privacy.

"He punched me first," Minho reasons, picking up a pistol and tucking it into his belt.

"That doesn't mean you hit him back," you say.

"Why not? Because he's going Crank and we should act like he's fragile?"

You wince at the tone in his voice, looking towards the door. But it seems like no one heard his remark. You turn your attention back towards Minho. "Don't be like that. Just because all this klunk is happening to him doesn't mean that he's not your friend anymore."

He freezes in the act of picking up the last Launcher. "He is my friend," Minho says softly, as if fast approaching a subject he doesn't want to discuss.

"Then why are you being such a shuckface?" you press.

"I don't know!" Minho yells, finally turning around to face you.

Then you see the tears that have already formed in his eyes.

"I don't know," he says quietly, his voice breaking towards the end of the sentence.

You put down the pistols that you've picked up and walk towards him. He places his head into the crook of your shoulder and wraps his arms around your waist. You slip your arms around his and place your hands onto his shoulder, kissing the side of his head.

"I don't want to think about it, (Y/N)," he whispers, squeezing you tighter. "We've been together for two years and I don't want to think about him gone but he's going to be. Because the shuck WICKED people aren't going to find us a cure. They're just laughing in our faces while we suffer and watch our friends die."

"Oh, Minho," you utter out, tears forming in your eyes from the pain that your boyfriend is going through. You too are friends with Newt, but you've only known him for a short while compared to Minho.

"I don't want to lose him." He buries further in and you can feel the tears on your clothes, and you realize that this is the most vulnerable you've ever seen him.

"You don't have to," you say, though you know it's not practical to be optimistic. Not in this world. "We'll try to help him. We'll try to save him."

Minho doesn't say anything, and you know he doesn't believe you. You don't even believe yourself, because you know it's a lost cause.

"I'm sorry." Is all you can say to him.

Minewt feels. And other feels :'(

But double update so yay!