» gally

You bury your head into the pillow, the soft fabric muffling your sobs as your arms wrap around the rectangular shape.

You feel as if you're being ridiculous, but you can't help but think it's true. You're not even sure what to make of your relationship with Thomas anymore - since it's been shucked up ever since that Teresa girl came into the Glade.

"(Y/N), you okay?" Gally's voice sounds from the doorway. The door creaks as he closes it behind him as he enters your room.

"Go away, Gally," you tell your friend, wiping at your eyes.

"What happened?" he asks, ignoring your comment. He walks towards your bed, sitting on the side.

"Thomas."

"What did he do?"

"It's probably nothing," you mutter, sitting up and placing the pillow in your lap. Using the back of your hand, you wipe away the remaining tears.

"You can tell me," he says, shifting so he sits next to you.

"It's just...ever since that Teresa girl came, he's been acting weird around me now."

"He hasn't told you about her?"

You turn to face Gally. "Told me what about her?"

"It's going all over the Glade. Apparently he knows her," he says, furrowing his eyebrows at the fact that you don't know. "You know, from before."

This leaves you speechless, since Thomas has never said anything to you about Teresa, but you have a feeling that they're connected in some way. And it seems like Thomas' attention has been redirected towards her and he's forgotten all about you.

"Shuck it," you say, sniffling as you feel tears forming in your eyes again. You quickly wipe them away.

"Are you okay?" Gally asks, looking at you with concern.

"Can you please leave?" You turn away from him, burying your face into your pillow again. You hear Gally leave, the door slamming shut behind him. You can tell that he's angry, but you don't feel like trying to calm him at the moment.

You do nothing but just cry for the next twenty minutes, since you know that things between you and Thomas are practically breaking apart. Ever since Teresa came, he kept talking about her, and wondering how she was. At first, you had only considered it normal because she had fallen into a coma when she came, bringing about disorder in the Glade. But it seemed like Thomas was more interested in her than in you.

Sighing you threw your pillow aside, wiping at your eyes. You left your place, exiting the Homestead. It's dark, so you know that Thomas is back from his job as a Runner. You try searching for him, but you don't know where to start looking. So you just walk slowly, your eyes skimming the place.

You see Thomas, and a few metres away, Gally and his friends approaching your boyfriend. Sensing trouble, you start to pick up the pace - but you're too late. Gally quickens his stride, arms swinging as he walks. He raises his hand and punches Thomas in the face, sending him stumbling.

You run towards Thomas, your hand on his back as you try to examine his face. "Thomas, are you okay?" you ask, grabbing his arm.

But Thomas pushes you aside. "What the shuck, Gally?"

"What are you gonna do about it, shank?" Gally taunts, cracking his knuckles as he baits the dark haired boy.

"Stop it." You step in front of Thomas, your hands on his chest as you gently push him back. "Don't do it, Thomas."

"Why not? He's the shuck that started it. What did I even do to him?" Thomas gaze settles on you, as if blaming you for your friend's behaviour.

"I don't know what's gotten into him, but fighting him isn't going to help."

"Well, you're not helping anything either, (Y/N)," he says, swatting your hands off of him.

"I'll talk to him, just go," you say, trying to find middle ground between this fight. You have no idea what started it, only that Gally threw the first punch.

Huffing, Thomas storms off, muttering about something. He enters the Homestead, the doors swinging shut behind him. You can't help but wonder if he's gone to see Teresa since Thomas normally sleeps outside.

You turn to face Gally. "What are you doing, Gally?" you asks, exasperated.

He looks just a frustrated as you are, if not, even more. "What do you mean? I'm trying to help you."

"Help me how? You just punched my boyfriend in the face. What is that supposed to do?"

"Why can't you see that he doesn't care about you? That you're better off without him?"

"You don't know him. Maybe if you just stopped hating him for no apparent reason, you'd be able to see it."

"No, (Y/N). I do have a reason, and you can't see it."

"Well, what is it?"

"It's you. Shuck, I've liked you since you came here, but you've only treated me like a friend, and I respected that. You got with Thomas, and even though it hurt me to see the two of you together, I was fine because you were happy. But this shank's been making you cry for the past week, and I've had enough. He can't get away with this and it hurts me more to see you cry, (Y/N)."

At a lost for words, you shake your head repeatedly, taking steps backward. "No, Gally. I'm sorry, but no." You have no idea how to respond to him, so you turn around and walk towards the Homestead. You head up into your room, the door shutting behind you as you grab the pillow to hug. Turning over to your side, you stare at the blank wall.

The door creaks open. "(Y/N)?" you hear Thomas say softly. "I'm sorry." His footsteps approach the bed, and it dips as he climbs in next to you.

"Don't, Thomas. Just go," you say, your back still facing him.

"Okay," he whispers. "I'm sorry." He places a fleeting kiss on your temple, leaving your room.

You can't help but think that if that was Gally, he wouldn't leave you so easily.

Whoop, there we go. I won't write a part two, no matter how much people ask. Sorry, I'm not really in the mood for Gally.

Also, if there are any readers of "Architect" reading this, I'd like to say sorry for not updating. I have writer's block on the next chapter but I swear I'll get something up next week. Sorry!