» thomas [ part one ]

Playing with Thomas' hair, you twirl the short black strands around your finger, letting them fall into place when they can't twist anymore.

"(Y/N)," Thomas starts, reaching up to grasp your hand in his.

"Hmm?" you hum, looking down at his head resting on your thighs.

"I should get Minho to consider you as a Runner," he says, looking at you to gauge your reaction.

Your eyes widen - the thought of being out there terrifies you, having heard vicious stories of Grievers and what happens if you were stung by one.

"It's not that bad," Thomas said, giving you a slight grin.

"Easy for you to say. I've never been...out...there before," you say, shuddering slightly at the thought of going outside the walls of the Glade.

"Aww, come on, (Y/N)."

"Thomas, no, I'm just gonna stuff up out there."

He gets up, maneuvering himself to face you, his hand on the other side of the thigh, his face close to yours.

"(Y/N), you know I'd never let anything hurt you, right?" Thomas says softly, leaning closer to make the situation more intimate.

You nod in response, leaning your forehead into his shoulder, feeling one of his arms wrap around your waist.

"I just don't want to be out there, Tommy."

"Why not?"

You pause, wanting to answer but not at the same time. "I'm scared," you finally say, closing your eyes against his shirt. You wait for his response, not knowing what to expect from him. He's a Runner - someone who is exposed to the Maze everyday, and you feel like a coward for admitting it to him.

Thomas leans back, tipping your chin back so you can look into his sincere eyes. "What are you scared of?" he asks, his voice comforting and soft.

You shrug. "I don't know, I'm just...I just don't know what's out there and what to expect. I mean, what if I stuff up? What if I get lost and can't make it back? I don't want to be out there with the Grievers."

"You'd be out there with me," Thomas reassures. "Well, probably Minho but I'd ask him to let me teach you."

You smile at him. "Why you? Shouldn't he know more than you though?" You're only asking because you know that orientation into a job is with the Keeper of the place.

Thomas only grins at you, pulling you closer to him. He presses small kisses to your neck, light brushes of skin on skin sending shivers through you.

"There's a lot of people here in the Glade," Thomas murmurs against your skin, lips travelling up to your jaw. "They can see just about everything we do."

You close your eyes, revelling in the pleasure that Thomas is making you feel.

"Out there in the Maze," Thomas says, pulling away just a fraction, looking at you with an intense gaze, "there's privacy." His lips are on yours, the two of your connected in an intimate way.

His hands trace over your body, leaving goosebumps in their wake, his hands slipping under your top and resting on your sides. His warm hands contrast your cold skin, the dramatic change making you take in a sharp breath.

"Thomas! (Y/N)!"

The two of you pull away, your face flush as you both look up to see Alby storming towards you.

"You have work to do, don't you?" he demands, hands on his hips in an irritated manner. "Always attached to each other faces; why don't you do something useful?"

You can see Thomas bite his bottom lip to keep himself from laughing, and a small grin makes its way onto your face from Thomas' action.

Alby sighs. "Just get back to work, (Y/N)," he says, walking away from you two.

Thomas takes your hand, leading you to the Homestead. "So much distractions here too," Thomas whispers to you. "Out in the Maze, there's nothing stopping me from having my way with you."

Sorry if it's not the same mood as you wanted it to be >.<