» newt*

[ WARNING: smut ]

You were never the type to back down from a game, and this wasn't an exception. The hooting of the Gladers around you intensifies as you get closer to Thomas.

As your lips are only a centimeter apart from his, he jerks backwards, shaking his head as he gives you an amused expression.

"And (Y/N) wins!" Minho states, and the Gladers erupts in cheers as they celebrate your winning.

"You suck, Thomas," Minho says, patting him on the shoulder. "You loser."

"I couldn't do it!" Thomas exclaims. "She wasn't backing away and I can't kiss her."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't..." he trails off, looking up to send you an apologetic look.

You only grin in answer, telling him that you understand his hesitation. You couldn't blame him for not being interested in you that way, since you weren't really interested in him either.

"Okay, who's next?" Minho surveys the crowd of Gladers. "Ooh, Newt." The Runner goes into the crowd to drag the reluctant blond out.

You fight to keep your blush hidden, since you had developed a crush on him after the first couple of weeks you woke up in the Box. But he had only acted friendly towards you, being serious when it was necessary. He wasn't interested in you like you were him, so you didn't try to let your emotions show.

As Newt came into the circle the Gladers had created around you and the contender, he gave you a glance.

"Stand in front of each other," Minho instructed, pulling the two of you until you were directly in front of Newt.

Your heart was already beating wildly at the proximity between the two of you. Focusing your attention on his chest, you recollect yourself.

"Ready, guys?" Minho asks.

Looking up Newt, you see that he seems hesitant, his gaze darting between you and anywhere else.

"Go!" Minho calls, causing the crowd around you to start up their cheers again.

The game starts, and the two of you begin leaning towards each other slowly.

Your eyes concentrate only on his lips, watching the distance between his and yours lessen. You don't know if you want to kiss him or not. Your brain tells you that you'll jeopardize your friendship; but your heart tells you that you'll never get another chance to kiss him.

But he will probably be the one to pull back.

There is a centimeter between you two, and you watch as Newt licks his lips nervously.

The distance closes, your lips touching in a hesitant kiss. You're surprised, as you thought he would surely pull back.

The Gladers erupt into hooting and catcalls.

Newt deepens the kiss, but his hands stay rigid by his side as the rules state that you cannot use your hands in any way.

You both pull back for air. Looking up at him, his gaze burns intently into yours, but you're still uncertain of what he is expressing.

"That's a tie!" Minho announces, slinging an arm around Newt's shoulders. "I didn't think you had it in you, Newt," the Runner claims, praising his friend.

You frown slightly, watching as Newt occupies himself with talking to Minho so he doesn't have to look at you. You bite the bottom of your lip, internally scolding yourself at your actions. You should've pulled back - now he doesn't even want to look at you.