Chapter 13- Old Habits Die Hard

So, after Damon had volunteered to take a leap into the devil's lair by going to visit CIA agents Gerald and Lusiana, Mia had equipped him with a sound device and minute camera so we could see everything that was going on. I felt more scared for Damon than himself probably. He'd checked his dad's records to find Gerald's current address and had already set off. Mia and me were watching his every step via a computer screen.

After a few minutes of lingering around we finally heard Damon knock on a door, he'd finally reached the premises at which Gerald resided.

A tall, white man with blonde hair opened the door. He was wearing a plain t-shirt with trousers. 

"Gerald," Damon greeted.

"Damon?!" He responded extremely surprised. "Haven't seen you in a long time, whatcha up to?"

"Nothing much just doing rounds like a good old paper boy," Damon laughed.

Gerald looked a little nervous now and looked out of the door on both sides checking whether anyone was present or watching.

"What did he mean by that?" I asked Mia, a little confused at the paper boy 'joke'.

"It's his way of saying I was running some errands," She answered.

"Come on in," Gerald signalled to Damon looking a little shifty.

They both walked in to Gerald's scruffy looking home.

"There's letters everywhere," I pointed out.

The letterbox was literally exploding with envelopes and there was a sea of cat food boxes lined up blocking his living room which consisted of old, battered, discoloured sofas.

"This isn't his family home that's why," Mia explained. "Agents usually have many residential addresses where they can hide out at times, or to make the job easier for them. If you looked at the boxes of cat food properly they weren't really addressed to Gerald they were addressed to a 'Richard Harrison' look at the delivery note. That's proof that this isn't really his home address, he's living out here with a different identity which is normal."

"Did you used to do that?" I asked curiously.

"Still do," she laughed. "That's why I was confused as to how that parcel could've been addressed to me."

We turned back to the camera. Damon was sat down on the sofa as Gerald walked around the room.

"Do you want a cup of coffee or anything?" He asked Damon.

"No, it's OK," Damon responded.

"So remind me again whatcha doing here?" Gerald asked raising his eyebrow in curiosity.

"Just come in to check upon you to see you're alright," Damon stated.

Gerald stop walking and paused taking a long good look at Damon before started to speak again.

"And why would you do that?" His lips curled into a frown, followed by his eyebrows.

"'Cause I saw you at the police station the other day wanted to make sure you weren't caught up in any trouble. Don't want that happening to any of my dad's client's now do I? So I thought I'd come check up on you since everyone else was busy I was the only one left to do the job," Damon explained.

"You saw me.. Wait what were you doing at the police station?" Gerald quizzed.

"I was passing by on my way to Dunkin' Donuts," Damon replied. "Then I saw you walk out."

"Yeah," Gerald coughed. "Just had some unfinished business left to finish off for a client of mine," he replied. 

"Anyone I might know?" Damon smiled.