Confrontations

As soon as the bell rang everyone rushed out of the classroom like a herd of animals in a ferocious stampede. Boys swaggered up to girls, flirtatiously leaning against their lockers.
  Ben walked towards Stephanie's bedazzled locker. A huge smile hung on his face. "Sup stef?"
  "How do you think I'm doing?" Stephanie retorted. "Haven't you heard what happened?"
  "Huh? What happened? Okay I'm a bit lost here Stef." Gia and her trio walked towards the both of them. The sea of people immediately tore themselves apart to let Gia cross. Nobody, in this school, messed with Gia. Especially when they knew Gia's power to ruin your social life, just as she had done to Stephanie's.
  "Hey G! Help me out here, what's stef talking about?" Ben asked Gia who just reached them.
  "I don't know," Gia sardonically chuckled, "what are you talking about, Stephanie?" She bit her teeth and let each syllable roll out slowly and clearly. Her eyes flashed with wild menace.
  The second Gia started talking everyone immediately stared at them, mutually sensing a fight that was about to go down.
  "Oh cut the crap Gia. Or should I say G!" Stephanie shot at Ben hotly. "I'm talking about the stupid lie you told everybody. Remember, yesterday? Oh wait, I'm so sorry... "yesterday" means the day before today."
  Gia shoved the one of the girls in her trio that chuckled under her breath. "I know what yesterday means, dweeb. And I don't recall telling any stupid rumour. Wait... Stephanie. Are you trying to start a fake rumour about me?"
  "What? You're crazy. Just yesterday, you said that, and I quote, Ben was just dating me to make D.J. jealous." Stephanie grew flushed as everyone snickered at her. Ben's eyebrows furrowed and knit together tightly.
  "Excuse me? Where did you get that from? Why would I try and sabotage your relationship? Ugh, I can't believe how low and shallow you're being. You're such a dweeb I can't stand you. Let's go girls," Gia squealed in a high pitch and spun around, followed shortly after by her minions.
  "I can't believe her!" Stephanie huffed. To her surprise, Ben huffed, "No. I can't believe you Stephanie."
  Stephanie's heart sank into her stomach.
  "Wha.. what do you mean? You believe me don't you?"
  "I know Gia. She would never do such a thing. I can't believe you made this whole thing up just to get attention."
  Ben swung his backpack around his shoulders and left Stephanie standing there, shocked.
  Stephanie didn't know how long she had been standing there, or the fact that tears were streaming from her face in rivulets.