Big fight

Jesse pulled into the driveway and they walked to the house, in silence. He threw the keys onto the coffee table and sunk down into the tattered leather couch, feet plopping up against the table.
  "So... do you want some wine? Beer?" Rebecca asked.
  "I'll take a scotch on the rocks," Jesse said.
  Rebecca nodded and walked to the fridge. "Uh... we've only got milk."
  "Right, we got rid of all alcohol ever since there were kids in the place," Jesse mumbled angrily.
  "Sorry Jesse," Rebecca started when Jesse stood up abruptly.
  "You should be!" He exclaimed. Then slowly sunk back down, seeing the shock in Rebecca's eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't know where that was from," he said.
  "Oh Jesse just say it. You're mad at me," Rebecca finally said.
  "What? No! How could I possibly be?"
  "Come on Jess,"
  "No I'm not."
  Rebecca inched closer to Jesse and looked at jesses eyes closer.
  "Okay maybe a tiny bit mad."
  "I knew it," Rebecca sighed under her breath, pacing unknowingly around the couch and coffee table.
  "Well you just make these assumptions about someone, and you won't even be a little bit open-minded. You sent nicole off just because she had a tiny tiny crush on me?"
  "Well I wouldn't call it tiny," Rebecca mumbled sotto voce.
  "There it is again! The assumptions!"
  "Oh please Jesse! I can't help it! I've seen plenty of women out there and I know she's not one to be trusted with!" Rebecca exclaimed.
  Jesse looked at Rebecca unbelievingly, a look that shattered her heart. He turned his head and walked down to the basement, stopping only to say, "Whenever you're ready, we can talk in the basement."
  It broke Rebecca's heart. Should she really give nicole a chance? But her instincts told her she shouldn't, and they were never wrong.
  She grabbed some water in the kitchen and settled down onto the nearest stool, tears filling her eyes.