It really is a tough love (1)

The back door slammed and Stephanie walked in quickly. D.J. and aunt Becky we're spreading peanut butter and jam onto their toasts.
  "Oh hey, honey! How did it go with Ben?" Aunt Becky called out.
  "Don't wanna talk about it." Stephanie plopped her schoolbag down hastily and yanked on the fridge handle, keeping her head held down the whole time.
  "What's wrong stef?" D.J. asked.
   Stephanie just grabbed a tub of ice cream and settled down onto the table.
  "Oh great, forgot a spoon," she huffed and lugged herself to get the cutlery.
  "Stef? Everything alright? You know you can talk to us about absolutely anything," aunt Becky tried again but in vain.
  Stephanie opened the ice cream tub. There was barely any left.
  Nicky and Alex stumbled into the kitchen, chocolate ice cream prominently swept all over their faces.
  "Nicky? Alex? Have you two been stealing ice cream again?"
  Nicky and Alex looked at each other and giggled, and quickly stumbled out to the living room. Aunt Becky chuckled quietly to herself, taking another bite out of her delicious toast.
  "Great, no ice cream!" Stephanie semi-shouted and before she knew it tears poured out as she buried her head in her arms, face down on the table.
  Aunt Becky and D.J. quickly raced to Stephanie's sides and sat down. D.J. places a soothing hand on her back as Aunt Becky comforter Stephanie.
  "Stef, talk to us. Whatever it is, I'm sure we can help."
  Both D.J. and Rebecca tried to coax Stephanie into telling them her problems, until suddenly and unexpectedly Stephanie wrenched herself from them and stood up angrily.
  "Help? Help? Thanks to your so-called help, I made a fool of myself in front of literally everyone at school! Gia made it seem like I was the one starting a rumour about her, and Ben took her side and he's probably gonna break up with me!" Stephanie's voice trailed off slightly at the last few words.
  "I'm so sorry honey. I honestly didn't think it would end up like this." Aunt Becky said.
  "Now why do you say Ben might break up with you?" D.J. asked.
  "Well Ben told me he couldn't believe how I was making this whole thing up just to get attention! So yeah! Thanks for your help guys!" Stephanie ran up the stairs and went into her room.
  "You do it or should I do it?" Aunt Becky said.
  "I'll do it." D.J. said, and followed Stephanie to her room. "Stef? Wait up!"
————————————————————————