Chapter 4

Chapter 4- "That wasn't a question."

Aisha's POV
He walks slowly to where I sit, straightens his black suit and puts a hand in the right pocket of his pants. I watch him draw a seat and sat.
"Assalam alaykum." He wishes me.
"Wa' alaykum assalam." I wish him back in a small voice.
Woah! What's happening to me?

"You must be Aisha, nice to meet you. I'm Yousuf." He introduces.
"Nice to meet you too, how are you doing? And how's work?" I start a conversation. I wouldn't want to just sit staring into his grey eyes.

"Alhamdulilah, work is going smoothly except for some obstacles like my designers who most times make clothes that don't suit the people." He sighs.
"They should try creating designs that will suit the user's personality. And make clothes according to seasons. Create dresses that no one expects. That will amaze the people."

"Are you by any chance a designer?" He asks.
"Yeah."
"Why don't you work in my company? We will pay you more than you can ever imagine." He offers. As good as it sounds, I love the place I work.

"Thank you for the offer but I have a work at Malik Fashion World."
"You work at my brother's?" He asks unbelievably.
Wait! What? He's Yousuf Malik from highschool? Not that we attended the same highschool. This guy had a charm on the girls, they always stood at the entrance waiting to get picked up by him.
He snaps his fingers, cutting me from my thoughts.
"Huh?"
"Yousuf Malik? You came to my school back them and made the girls go gaga on you."
"Well, I make a lot of girls gaga." He shrugs.
The waiter takes our orders and in a flash, we are engrossed in a conversation.
"Wait you mean you two dated?" He laughs. My cheeks turn pink with embarrassment. I wish I hadn't mentioned the relationship I had with Omar.
"Yeah, but now he's just my boss."
He looks into my eyes, trying to figure out something.
"Why are you staring at me?"
"Do you still love him?"
"No!" I sharply say. Omar and I were a thing and I will like to keep it in the past.

After the meal he offers to drop me off and I accept. He walks me to my door and we wave each other good night.
"Are you free tomorrow?" He asks.
"I'm sorry, I promised to help my sister with the preparations for the wedding but I'm free next tomorrow."
"Then next tomorrow it is." He drives off.
I thought of the little conversation we had, what if he's the one?
Oh stop it! 

I take off my clothes and step into the bathroom for a cold shower, before changing into my simple PJs. After praying Isha, I take my phone and scroll instagram. My designs that were displayed on the show made me proud. A message pops on my screen.
Yousuf_Malik: Assalam alaykum. How are you?

Me: Wa alaykum assalam. I'm fine Alhamdulillah. Hope you got home safely?

Yousuf_Malik: Yeah I did, I'm gonna meet my brother. I want to take you for some coffee, I promise it won't be long. Just say yes please 😫

Me: Sure. Need to sleep, Nyt nyt.

Yousuf_Malik: So soon?

Me: No hard feelings but your bro is a jerk and very strict. I don't wanna be late.

Yousuf_Malik: Oh! I agree with you, especially on the jerk part. *laughs*

Me: Bye🙋

With that, I go offline and sleep off.

                             • • • •
"Aisha! Get in here right now!" Omar roars. I sigh and drag my tired ass to his office. After a few knocks, I step in.
He looks at me as he paces back and forth with his hands in his pocket.
Oh Allah! Help me.
"Where are the files I asked for?" He snaps.
"I gave you yesterday." I reply trying to stay calm. He brushes his hands through his jet black hair, his pink lips thinned.

Curse his perfection!
Seven years after highschool and you are still admiring him.

"Are you saying that I'm lying?"
I swallow the lump in my throat. Should I say yes and lose my job or say no and let him blame me for misplacing them.

"Before I left, you asked for the files and I handed them over to you." I defend.
He arches his brows and stares at me. "If I don't find them, consider yourself fired." I nod and leave, walking quicklyly to find Adam. Maybe the files are with him.
"Assalam alaykum."
"Wa' alaykum assalam sister, can I help you?" He drops the books in his hands.
"Do you have the files on Mamtaz Akhram?" I ask.
He looks into space, obviously thinking. "Boss gave me last night to keep it but I dropped it on his table."
"Thank you!" I shout and speed off.
I knock on his door and walk in. He watches as I scan his table and give him the files. I smile and look at him clearly see the embarrassment in his eyes. Without waiting for an apology, I walk out.

I glance at my watch and see that it's 3:00pm. I pick my bag and leave. I suddenly remembered Yousuf, so I call him but he doesn't pick. As I step out of the company, I suddenly realised why he didn't. He stands confidently, dressed in a simple white tee and grey denim pants. Simple dressing for a billionaire.

We greet each other and speed off in his Ferrari. We stop at a small coffee shop and the waiter brings our orders. "So when do you plan on getting married?" He blunt out, making me choke on my strawberry cake. He hands me a glass of water to drink.
"When it's time In Sha Allah. What about you?"
"Same." He shrugs and takes a sip of his coffee.
Music blares from my phone and I frown as I look at the caller.
Mr Arrogant.
I ignore the call and focus on our talk. It rings again and I ignore it again. I always think that it's rude to pick a call when you're in a conversation.
"Aren't you gonna pick that?"
"Nah." I say.
"How comes a man like you isn't married when all the girls throw themselves on you?" It really is confusing. As far as I can remember, all the girls want a 'hi' from him. Of course I was one but I never showed it.
"Well, all those girls-" He is cut by the vibration of my phone. "I think you should answer that?" It sounds like a question than a statement.
I mouth a sorry and pick the call. "Assalam alaykum." I wish Omar but of course he didn't wish me back. Instead I get greeted with an earpiercing curse. "Why the hell didn't you pick my call!" I'm sure it isn't a question.
"I was busy..." I say.
"Busy flirting with my brother? Get your filthy things and come right now, we have to go to Paris for a meeting today."
"What! You are watching me? You are invading my privacy! And I'm sorry but I have to meet my sister for her wedding preparations and I can't afford missing this." I cut the call, I know that he wouldn't even listen to me so I'm not gonna waste my time.
I hiss and settle my eyes on Yousuf. "I'm sorry for that. Omar wants me to go to Paris for a meeting today. I can't ditch my sister, anyway, I have to go meet her."
He drops me at my apartment. I freshen up and leave to meet Yasmin.

"Hey little chocoholic!" I hug her and Angela, her best friend. Sometimes I can't help but feel jealous, she is enganged and has friends. Well I'm the opposite, no fiancé and I have no friends. All my close friends are married and none is in New York. My best friend moved to Los Angeles years ago.

"Enough hugging, let's get to the henna shop!" I squeal in excitement and we walk to the henna shop.
My phone vibrates again and we all know who it is, bossy Omar!

I pick the call but I didn't hear his voice. "Hello?" I say but no response so I cut the call. Another call comes in but this time, it's mum. I pick her call and she says, "Hello baby, your boss called and I know you don't want to break the promise you made to Yasmin, but you should go with him. You have my permission, I will explain everything to Yasmin. I helped you pack your clothes in a box and it's in the company."
"Thanks Mum, bye." I fake a happy voice and end a call.

How Dare he! I explain everything to Yasmin and apologise before taking a cab to the company. I don't even bother knocking on his door and storm in.

"I won't go with you! How! How! How Dare you do such a thing! First you spied on me and next, you called my mother?" He didn't even look at my face but says "Let's go, we're late." He walks past me and I stop him by grabbing his blazer. "Didn't you hear me? I'm not going anywhere! And infact I quit!" I spit and I give him a death glare. He straightens his blazer and glare back at me.

"I get to say when you're fired or not. Stop being a f*cking drama Queen and get in the car downstairs!" He retorts.
"And if I say no?"
He smirks and narrows his eyes to mine, swirling me around before pushing me against the wall.
"That wasn't a question."

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to comment and click on the star.. Stay blessed!