Chapter 20

Chapter 20- Right place, wrong time?

Omar's POV
I glance at the the soup, glass of water and the drugs Aisha kept on my bedside table. I woke up with an intense headache and she made me stay in bed. More like forced me because she didn't want people to think that she's a bad wife. I take a sip of the hot soup that burns my tongue and hastly gulp a glass of water to cool my tongue that feels like it was lit on fire. I take the note beside me and read it.

Gone out with Aliya, be back soon. There's pop tart and coffee, don't be stubborn and try to leave the house ~Aisha

She's calling me stubborn? She's worse than I ever will be.

I manage to to go downstairs after taking the soup and medicine. The doorbell rings and I open the door. Adam smiles at me and I smile back before letting him in. Apart from my ass of a brother who ran away on his wedding day, Adam is the only person I confide in. Atleast, he's the only guy I know who doesn't want to rub shoulders with me.

"You can go, I really don't mind." I grant him permission to skip work for a day because he has a date. "Where's the place again?"

"It's Sweet Corner Coffee." He says.
I remember Aisha saying something about that place in the morning, but I didn't hear her properly because of the painful pounding of my head.
"I thought your hand was broken?" He asks puzzled.
Shit! He has caught me already, so there isn't any need to lie. "It was just an act so Aisha may give me extra attention. Who doesn't want extra care from his wife? Do me a favour, don't let anyone know." I wink. He roars in laughter as he gets what I meant.

"Don't worry, it's gonna be just between us and I need you to do me a favour too. I haven't really had a proper date and not really good with words. I don't want to look like a fool while she starts every conversation and look at her like some to-mah-to."

"Don't worry, it's gonna be okay. Tell you what, I will be with you and I can text you some questions and some interesting topics that will keep her talking. But my advice is that you should just be yourself. Just give me a second to change."

"Thanks man."

Aisha's POV

I walk up to the man I'm supposed to call my husband with a glare.
"What are you doing here?" He furrows his eyebrows, how classic! I find him trying to hit on my friend and now he's covering up with a question.

"The question is what are you doing here?" I place my hands on my hips.
"And how's that any of your concern, do you expect me to stay home and do nothing?"

"I never did but for you to come here for a date? That's just disgusting. I don't care about your life but don't tarnish my image while trying to prove how much of a pervert you're. Aren't you ashamed of your actions? You're nothing but a spoilt brat who thinks a woman is merely a game you can toy with."

"So f*cking what if I came here for a date! Unlike a b*tch like you, I have a heart and I swear I don't beat women but don't make me slap you. I'm glad Yousuf left and if you don't stop being a psychotic idiot, no one will ever love you again!"
My heart literally sank into a sea of anger. He comes here to hit on my friend and threatens to slap me. How.....how....how...dare he! Anger overtakes me and I slap him hard. I could see everyone looking at us, some taking pictures but I couldn't care less. He brought this upon himself and I can't take this anymore.

I leave the restaurant and go home. I dashed out my clothes as the tears in my eyes fell. Packing everything up, I see him walk into the room, head down. He doesn't even apologize but slams the door as he walks out.

What an arrogant jerk!

I walk up to him and say,"I can't keep doing this. I'm leaving, hope you get all the women you want in this world." He doesn't look at me but closes his eyes.
Closing the door, I mutter "Why?"

My phone keeps beeping from the flood of messages from Adam and Aliya. There's also a text from Yasmin which says,
What happened between you and Omar? I just saw the news.

What news? I turn on the TV as soon as I get home.

The billionaire in a fight with his wife. They were seen at the Sweet Corner Coffee arguing when Aisha slapped him and left. He ran after a woman who is believed to be her friend, Aliya and his employee who is also his friend, Adam chasing after her.
This video has everyone thinking, "Is he chasing after women again and do we smell a divorce?"
A video shows us arguing before I slapped him and went out. He walks up to Aliya and after a session of talk, Adam joins them.
What was he doing there?
Omar started kicking chairs and storms out followed by both Aliya and Adam.

I turn off the TV and go to the kitchen. Mum left for Madina yesterday for holiday and would be back in two weeks. Unlike most people who keep the spare key under the doormat or in a flowerpot. Mum keeps it amongst the roses in her backyard garden. My phone rings and I keep the knife stained with peanut butter on the plate. Mr Arrogant shows on the screen with a photo of Omar in black apron and a pan in one hand. I ignore the call and go back to making my peanut butter sandwich. The phone rings again and irritated by the buzz sound as messages and notifications flooded, I switch off the phone and leave it on the slab.

I change into sports short and loosed black crop top. I switch the channel from news to soccer. I groan in frustration as the match reminds me of the bet Omar and I made. Putting on Spongebob Squarepants and praying that it takes away the anger in me. Even stupid Patrick doesn't take my mind off the event, so I perform wudu and pray to Allah for his assistance, patience and guardians. After Sallah, I feel a bit lighthearted.

The continous bangings on the door makes me turn on the light. Opening the door, I'm met with a soft look.

                         •  •  •  •

Omar's POV

"Aliya, help me explain to her that I wasn't trying to date you. Please."

"I will do what I can, she isn't even picking my calls, neither is she picking Adam's. Why don't you call her yourself?" She suggests.

"I don't think she would want to talk to me, but let me give it a try. Bye." I disconnect the call and sigh as my fingers stop on her name, Hippo. I press the call button and it rings but she doesn't pick. After calling a couple of times, it drifts to voicemail.

My door bursts open with a crazy Yasmin muttering to herself. "It's all over the news saying that you're chasing after women, is it true? Where's Aisha? Aisha!" She starts walking upstairs.
"She's not here, I don't know where she's and her phone is off."

She looks back at me, more of glare at me with her electrifying blue eyes. "Yeah, Because you went after Aliya! Why would you do this to her?"

"And you decided to believe the media? Or you decided to believe what you want to believe."
Her face softens at my question and she quietly sits. "No but tell me what really happened."

I explained everything to her and how Aisha thought that I went to date Aliya but I was simply helping a friend. The only reason I stepped in first was to tell Aliya that Adam would be there in a couple of minutes because he went to take care of a business. But Miss Conclusion concluded that I went to date her friend.

"I think I know where she's, you coming?" She asks.
"Yeah." I'm not giving up on our deal Hippo.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to comment and click on the star.. Stay blessed!