Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Do I?

Omar's POV

Her sweet voice was the only spark I needed.

"Take me home."

Three simple words, three simple words Omar. But they weren't just words to me, I felt like she was giving me a chance. A second chance to prove my love for her. Five months ago, if someone had told me that I was in love with her, I would brush it off and say we were part of the past. But now, I want her to be my present, my future. This is my time to patch things up, this time, I'm going to be her hero.

These thoughts play in my head till I get to Aliyah's doorsteps. After a few knocks, she opens the door.

"Assalaam alaykum. Come in." She welcomes me into her beautifully designed living room with a beautiful large maroon and silver rug at the middle. I wish her too. The little vases of different colourful flowers captures my attention but it doesn't last long as the centre of beauty herself walks down the stairs. She bites her lower lip and avoids eye contact with me. This gesture suddenly makes my heart sink in a crushing sadness.

"Hey." I smile, hidding the pain and happiness in me. She still doesn't meet my eyes but stares into space.

"Hi." She replies quietly, continuously biting her lip and clutches her bag tightly. I can easily tell that she is trembling, if only she knew how hot I'm right now.

Well, I'm hot of course. I mentally smirk and try to keep it cool as I pleaded with the beads of sweat on my forehead not to trickle.

"Glad that isn't someone's neck." I joke dashing a smile at her. This time, her eyes meet mine as she gives out a little laugh. "Wouldn't mind yours though."

"You're mean." I pout childishly.

She smirks. "Not the first to say that and definitely not the last."

It was my turn to laugh a little and proceeded to help her with her stuffs. We pack everything and say our goodbyes with Aliyah.

"Take care of her please." She whispers into my ear. I give her a reassuring smile. "Always."

The car ride is a bit silent as I keep glancing at Aisha.

"You can take a photo, it lasts longer." She rolls her eyes.

"I have me already, don't need an extra. I'm hot enough for us."

"And that my friend is as good as a lying shit!" She cracks.

I look at her and shake my head, laughing at her words. "You might have amnesia baby, but you're still a mess."

"A hotter mess than you will ever be."

"Stop the car!" She suddenly screams, scaring the hell out of me. I press on the break hard, luckily our seatbelts saved us from being Superman and Wonderwoman. Totally saving us from flying right into our death.

Immediately the car halts, she gets out and slams the door shut. I follow her lead, not far from us is an ice cream truck. She walks up to the truck and grins like a little kid looking at me. I can't help but smile back at her cute childish grin as we approach the truck. The ice cream man stares at me with surprise. "Oh My God!" A girl squeals poking her head out. "It's Omar Malik! I can't believe it!"

"Hello." I smile warmly at her which sends her screaming, "he said 'hello' to me, this is a fucking dream come true!"

She notices Aisha and screams louder. "Aww, I'm so happy you guys are back! Aisha I'm like your biggest fan, gosh! I love you so much."