Chapter 42

Chapter 42: It takes two to fight and two to love.

Omar's POV

I fling my phone aside, drowning the last bottle of vodka before slamming it hard against the floor as it crashes. Sending pieces of glass flying in every direction, a little cut on my feet can't be compared to the aching pain in my heart. Letting go is damn hard, especially when you're in love with the woman. My life for the past one week has been nothing but misery. My daily routine consisted of drinking to stupor. I'm a terrible person but without Aisha in my life, I'm lost and useless. I have to let her go. These words are the most painful words I could ever tell myself. Nightmares after nightmares of her walking away, waking up in tears and soaked in sweat. I can't count the number of times I stood at the top of the company nor the days I held my breath for long, hoping to maybe drown. Another call makes me look at my phone, Yousuf again. I can't get why the heck he keeps calling. He won the bloody game or whatever he calls it, she's his. Why won't he just end this torture and let me deal with my pains. I groan in annoyance and smash the phone on the floor.

"It's nice to know you're alive." An all too familiar voice says with a sad smile.

"I bet you've been waiting for the day I won't be." I hiss, standing up and walking in a zig zag manner to the cupboard for a glass of Cire Perdue. Opening, I take a big gulp and drop it on the counter.

Yousuf tsks and examines the bottle. "Really? A bottle almost five hundred thousand dollars gets wasted this way."

I look at him indifferently. "Am I not rich? What do you want from me anyway?"

"Well," he starts putting his hands back to his pants pockets. "You need to get your shit together and go to her. She doesn't show it but she misses you a lot. Don't get me wrong,  I like her and I would want her back. However, I can't force her to love me. It would be hard at first but don't give up. I made a mistake that can't be undone, so did you. The difference is that she's in love with you not me. I'm sure in time she would forgive you."
I take my time to let the words sink in. She still loves me after all these? It's impossible.

"How sure are you?"

"I know for a fact that you get mad at the person you love for hurting you. When I came back, she wasn't mad at me. I knew that was because she loves you. Look, you're my little brother, my only brother. I'm not saying I regret my actions but I know mum always told us to right our wrongs and she would be happy knowing that you followed her words. Also, I'm sorry. I guess I was just jealous."

His grey eyes reminded me of mum, her smile were exactly like his. How I wished I looked like mum. How I wish I was him. "I've always wanted to be like you. You have this sort of vibe the Malik's didn't." I admit. He chuckles and steps closer. "And I was here, wishing I was you. Ironical isn't it?"

"I guess." I let out a little laugh.

Taking a huge step closer to him. He wraps his arms around me in love, comfort and assurance. And at that moment, I know that I have my brother back.

"I missed you kiddo." He heaves a deep sigh making the sides of my lips crook into a smile.

Aisha's POV

"And I beat you for the fifth time!" Aliyah jumps and raises her hands in victory.

"Yay!" I fake cheer and take a sip of my cappuccino with extra whipped cream.

This is becoming so boring. Don't get me wrong, I love scrabbles a lot. No one beats me at my favourite board game but I guess today is no luck. Or maybe cos we have been playing this game since 6am.

6. FREAKING. A.M.

This chicken over here called my best friend dragged me downstairs to play Scrabbles for eight hours without potty breaks. But I did get a cup of cappuccino to cheer me up which partially fails.