Chapter 32

Enjoy!

Chapter 32- The rule of temptation.

Aisha's POV

"Why are you doing this to me?"

This question made my heart race, as if I had just luckily survived a bull fight. His hands drop to my waist and he encircles a hand round it. His other hand goes to my cheek, then to my chin as he makes me look into those beautiful brown eyes of his. My belly rumples in the sudden outburst of emotions. My eyes shift to his half parted pink lips as I remembered I had kissed those lips twice.

My body starts aching for more and as he lowers his face to meet mine, I look away right before he could kiss me.

"Stop. We shouldn't." I murmur as I escape his lips. "We made a deal. Deals come with rules and we are breaking rule 4.
We were breaking to many rules these days. He nods and I notice how his face falls.

I go to my room and wash my face. Opening my drawer, I bring out our marriage agreement and reread the rules.

Rule 1: This deal must be known only to the two parties involved.

Rule 2: No smoking, drinking or having hookups.

Rule 3: One does the cooking and the other does the washing.

Rule 4: Temptations must be kept aside.

Rule 5: No special treatments.

Rule 6: No love in the marriage until the deal ends.

Both of us have a copy. I silently pray that before the end of this marriage,  I would have figured out these weird feelings. The rules are very important and we have broken two out of six in just three months.

Rule one and five were already broken. I hope we don't break more.

This rule of temptation was getting the best of us, I just hope we don't go any further. With Yousuf back, I can't imagine the dramas that could possibly happen. For all I know, I have to keep my space from these two brothers. 

I sigh and find my way downstairs, Omar's voice calls my attention. Instead of walking downstairs as I imtended, I sit on the stairs and eavesdrop. I didn't mean to, but I can't stop now.

"Yeah I have to. Being here with her isn't helping, I need a break from everything. I need to figure out what's happening to me. I have to be away from her."

What's he talking about? Is he referring to me?

"Thanks...I don't understand my feelings anymore...sure. I'll meet you in an hour." He cuts the call and slams the phone on the glass table, but not hard enough to break it. My brain tells me to walk back upstairs and pretend I didn't hear it. But the stupid me inside me tells me to go meet him.

Hard pick...

I'm going with me. I find my way downstairs and cough to get his attention. He springs up in surprise I suppose, his brows raised in alert.

"How...how long were you there?" He asks as he relaxes.

Swallowing hard, I say out the words I didn't want to hear. "Long enough to know that you're leaving."

He opens his mouth to talk but not a single word comes out. Stepping closer to where he stood, I hold his hand in mine. "But we are going to complete the deal right?"

He gives mine a tight squeeze. "Missing me already?" He jokes and I let out a laugh. But I can see past those words, I can clearly see the pain in his squeeze and I wished I could say what's in my heart. I don't even know what's in it.