Ch. 3 - The Kings

THE BELL RANG FOR LUNCH, and I couldn't be happier

THE BELL RANG FOR LUNCH, and I couldn't be happier. In music class, Madison showed me the instruments. It was nice, but I really need food. Also the music teacher is really strict.

Nichole told me that everybody calls him Mr. Duty since he stinks.

"I didn't know you can play the piano," Anna said. Madison spilled the beans that I can play the piano.

I learned that Nichole was the tomboy of the group, her words not mine, and she plays all kinds of sports. Anna is the aritist of the group. She loves to paint, draw, etc. Madison is girly girly of the group. She is one of those people where you shop till you drop. Again, their words not mine.

"My father taught me when I was ten," I told them.

Memories of him and I playing the piano for hours flooded my mind. My father never acted like he was on drugs around me. He always played with me and helped me with my homework.

But when I found out the truth, I was crushed.

"Campbell?" Nichole asked, waving a hand in my face.

I snapped back to reality. "I'm here, what did you say?"

"I said that the school has amazing cheeseburgers," Nichole said.

"Okay, you're making me hungry. Let's go in," I told them, walking into the lunch room.

There was round tables scattered around the room. Food was laid out on carts around the lunch room.

"Come on, you have to try this," Nichole said, dragging me to the burger section.

I ended up with a cheeseburger, fries, a salad, and a water to drink. I waited for the girls, and they led me to a table in the back. The boys were already sitting down, and there was four open spots left.

Madison sat by Gavin, Anna by Elliot, and Nichole by Nick. The last spot was by Brent. I sat down, and I opened my water.

When I took a sip, I realized that the lunch room became quiet. I swallowed my water, and I turned around. Big mistake.

I feel like I'm an animal in a zoo. People staring at me like I'm going to do a trick.

I turned back around to see everybody at the table eating like it's a regular thing.

"Why is everybody staring at me like I'm an animal?" I asked Anna on the other side of me.

She finished her good in her mouth before talking. "They'll stop looking in a few days."

"Few days? Is the town that small?" I asked.

"Techinally, it's the boys fault," Madison pointed out.

"Don't blame us for this," Nick said, before taking a sip of milk.

"I'm confused," I told them.

"The boys, here, are like celebrities," Nichole said.