Ch. 4 - Home Life

"SIR, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT," I said, getting annoyed

"Yes, but you were giving clear instructions. I would've given you guys detention for a week, but the accident caused a teacher to get hurt," he replied, using his hands.

"Mr. Ivers, technically, Ms. Gomez was running," Nick told him.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked with a confused face.

"If Ms. Gomez wasn't running, she wouldn't have slipped. There was liquid stuff all over the floor. She should have know not to run. I rest my case," Nick said, leaning back in his chair.

Mr. Ivers was silent for a few minutes, before saying, "But she wouldn't have fell if there wasn't no liquid on the ground."

"Well, since you said that, it was all Brent's fault. He was distracted," Nick said, pointing a finger at me.

I can't belive I'm best friends with this idiot.

"Is that true, Mr. Mason?" Mr. Ives asked.

"Yes, but Nick wasn't paying attention either. He could've stopped me, but he wasn't paying attention, either," I said with a smirk.

"Back to square one," Mr. Ives mumbled, "Alright, boys, this is what you are going to do. I can't bench you two because the school needs to get in the playoffs, and you two, and your brothers, are my best players. You will have dentinion Saturday and Monday."

"What happen to 'a teacher was hurt' speech?" Nick asked him.

I whacked him upside the head. Mr. Ivers took that into conceration. Great.

"Mr. Cade, that is a good point. If the school doesn't get into the playoffs this season, you both will benched in lascross all season," he said.

"What!?" We both yelled.

That was too far.

"You heard me. Now, I called both of your parents, so they will deal with you at home. Now get to pratice," he told us firmly.

We walked out of the office. Hallways were empty since everyone went home. That reminds me.

"How did Campbell get home?" I asked Nick.

"I think Anna took her home. Do you think Xavier will ground you?" He asked, walking towards his locker.

Nick put in his combination, and he exchanged books. Homework sucks.

"Xavier probably won't even ask me about it," I said with an eye roll thinking about it.

Xavier is my older brother. He goes to a college ten minutes outside of town. He's always out partying, or at a girl's house.

We get into arguements a lot over him being drunk everynight when he comes home.

"And Vanessa?" He asked.