Ch. 22 - Princess

IT HAS BEEN TWO DAYS since my panic attack, and I feel okay

IT HAS BEEN TWO DAYS since my panic attack, and I feel okay. I'm going back to school today, and tonight is the last football game for the boys.

Speaking of the boys, Gaberial and I haven't talked to each since that day. I think he feels gulity for what he said. Gavin came to me yesterday, apologizing over and over.

I haven't got a chance to talk to Madison about her moving, but I needed to.

"Campbell? Are you ready?" Elliot asked, knocking on my door.

"Almost," I said, tying my white converses.

I chose a simple outift for today; a gray wool sweater, light washed jeans, and my white converses. I put a golden choker with stars on it around my neck.

I grabbed my bag and my phone before exiting my room. Winter was chewing on one of her toys in the living room. I gave her a scratch behind the ear before grabbing an apple from the kitchen.

Nobody was in the kitchen so I walked out to the garage to see Elliot waiting in his truck for me.

When I opened the door, I asked,"Where's Michael?"

"He wanted to ride with Nick today, so Nick took him. The twins rode with Dad," he explained, turning the music down.

"Oh," I replied, throwing my bag in the floorboard. I had to literally jump in Elliot's truck because of how short I am.

"Are you ready for the game tonight?" I asked him, five minutes after leaving the house.

"Yeah. The ride is going to take forever though," he said.

"Two hours is not that long," I argued.

He rolled his eyes,"It is when I have only my phone to keep me company."

I shook my head and looked out the window. Blurs of green, blue, and red were passing by us.

"Elliot," I said, breaking the silence.

"What?" He asked, focusing on the road.

"Do you ever wish your parents never signed up for fostering?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a serious look on his face.

Shaking his head, he said,"Never. If they didn't sign up for it, we never could have gotten you. I would never know what it's like to have a sister."

"Really?" I asked.

He nodded,"Really. I mean, you keep to yourself majority of the time, but you went through a lot. And that's not your fault, either. You're cool, you came to our football games, you helped Anna and I during our fight, and you help the boys and I."

"You don't know how much that means to me," I told him.

He licked his lips,"Also, don't worry about what Gaberial said."