Ch. 46 - Love

IT WAS A WEEK LATER, and Brent still hasn't woken up

IT WAS A WEEK LATER, and Brent still hasn't woken up. I would sneak in every night, and I would stay by his side until morning.

I was getting released from the hospital tomorrow, but I knew that I would be here every day for Brent.

The girls have visited me everyday, bringing romance movies and magazines. That was what we were doing now.

We were watching Mean Girls while eating ice cream. My ribs and head still hurt a lot, but they are getting better everyday.

"I can not wait to be out of this hospital room. It gets boring in here," I said, closing the lid on the ice cream.

"Are you staying at the hospital tomorrow after you check out?" Nichole asked before taking a bite of her ice cream.

"I want to, but Mom and Dad will probably make me go home and rest."

"It's only because they care," Anna said, pushing her hair out of her face.

I shrugged,"I know, but Brent needs me by his side."

Madison was pretty silent during the movie which is weird because Mean Girls is her favorite movie.

"Madison, are you okay?" I asked her, making all the girls look at her with concern look on their faces.

She shook her head,"No."

"What's wrong?" Hailey asked her.

Madison looked at the girls,"There is something I need to tell you guys."

"You can tell us anything, Mads," Anna said, making Madison take a deep breath.

"I'm moving to Utah in June," Madison blurted out with tears in her eyes.

The girls were shocked, unlike me who already knew.

"Why are you moving?" Nichole asked her.

"My father got a job there. I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you guys. It was extremely hard to tell Gavin," Madison said before the girls hugged her.

I wish I was over there instead of this uncomfortable bed.

"It's going to be okay. We can Skype and text each other. We can make plans for you to come during the breaks," Hailey suggested, making us nod.

"Yeah, and we can come visit you in Utah too," I said, giving her a smile.

"You guys aren't mad at me?" Madison asked, wiping her tears away.

"No!" We all said at the same time making Madison laugh.

"We could never be mad at you," Anna said.

"Good because I don't know what I would do if all of my besties were mad at me," Madison replied. "Let's finish this movie, shall we?"

We nodded, and Nichole unpaused the movie.