Chapter 4: Falling Asleep

Charlie loved hearing her talk. Her voice was so soft but still serious.

"Wow." Charlie said. "Nobody should have to get through something like that."

Hermione yawned again and subconsciously leaned her head against Charlie's arm. She hadn't realized how tired she was. Charlie smiled and shifted slightly, putting his arms around her. Falling asleep she snuggled into his chest and he leaned back so he was laying down, pulling her on top of him. She wrapped each of her arms around his shoulders while he tightened his arms around her waist. He too, began to drift into a deep slumber.

About six hours later Mrs. Weasley came down the stairs into the living room. At first, she didn't notice her second oldest son and the young woman who was practically her daughter, cuddled up on the couch. Hermione lay comfortably on top of Charlie with her head in his neck and her warms under his arm pits, holding his shoulders. His bulky arms were tightly wrapped around her body which looked fragile compared to his tall muscular one.

A look of peace was on her son's face. A smile made its way across the woman's wrinkled face. All she had ever wanted was for her kids to be happy. She conjured a blanket and put it over them. As she turned to leave, she spotted a camera sitting on one of the shelves. With a smile she took a picture of them. Hermione shivered slightly and snuggled closer to Charlie. Mrs. Weasley silently made her way into the kitchen to get started on breakfast.

She had always thought that Hermione would end up with her youngest son Ron but somehow, she knew that would never happen. She needed someone highly intelligent, caring, loving and respectful. She and Charlie would make the perfect couple.

50 minutes later Molly was done with cooking breakfast and had set the table. She walked back into the living room where Charlie and Hermione were still asleep. She shook Charlie's shoulder. He groaned in response and groggily opened his eyes.

"Mum?" He croaked as his eyes adjusted to the light. Molly glared down at him. "It's not what it looks like-" He tried to defend them.

"So, you didn't stay up talking to each other and fell asleep cuddling?"

Charlie groaned again.

"Then it's exactly what it looks like."

"Charlie dear, you know that she is seven years younger than you, don't you?"

He avoided eye contact.

"She has been through a lot." Mrs. Weasley continued. "If something happens between you two, take care of her and never let her go, treat her right."

Charlie was surprised by his mother's words. He certainly didn't expect it.

"I promise mum, but I doubt that she would be interested in someone like me."

"Charlie what on earth are you talking about?!" Exclaimed Mrs. Weasley.

In that moment Hermione stirred. Little did they know that she had heard everything.

"We will continue this conversation later!" She snapped. "Breakfast is ready."

Then she walked up the stairs.

Hermione opened her eyes and looked up to Charlie who smiled softly at her.