Chapter 5: Mornings and awkward Breakfasts

"Good morning." Whispered Charlie.

Hermione's eyes widened. She had fallen asleep on top of him.

"Oh my, sorry, I must have been crushing you!" Hermione exclaimed as she tried to get off him. She froze when he pulled her back into his chest.

"You weren't." He grumbled. "You are as light as a feather."

A soft pink coloured her cheeks.

"Sooo....?" Hermione began.

He looked at her puzzled.

"Can you uh, let me go now?"

Charlie's eyes widened in realisation.

"Oh, yes, sorry." He unwrapped his arms from her and she moved off of him.

"Thanks." She said and made her way up the stairs.

He couldn't help but stare at her retreating form. He shook his head. What was going on with him?

10 minutes later everyone was sitting at the breakfast table.

"So, Hermione where were you this morning?" Ginny questioned. "When I woke up you weren't there."

"Oh."

Charlie nearly chocked.

"You know me, always been an early bird."

"But why were you still in your pyjamas?"

"Not that it is any of your concern, but I was too tired to change earlier."

Ginny still wasn't satisfied and tried to ask her further questions.

"Leave it, Ginny." Charlie said. "You are making her uncomfortable."

Ginny glared at her brother while Hermione was grateful that Charlie stepped in.

"Remus and the others are coming over later." Mrs. Weasley suddenly said loudly so that everyone could hear her.

Hermione wondered if Harry was coming with them.

"Really what do they need?" Mr. Weasley asked, wondering if it was order business.

"They want to catch up with Hermione here."

"There is nothing going on between you and Sirius, is there? I mean I wouldn't-" George began.

Hermione interrupted him with a sharp tone.

"What the actual hell are you implying?"

"Uh, nothing?"

She glared at him.

"If you want to ask me something then do so instead of assuming things or worse accusing me of things. I will give you 5 seconds to apologize and this conversation will be over and forgotten or..." She threatened.

George gulped.

"I'm sorry." He said honestly.

"Apology accepted."

Fred quietly sniggered. Molly and Charlie sent the twins glares.

"George Weasley! Don't you ever imply such things ever again! That's not how you have been raised!" She scolded.

"Sorry mum."

They awkwardly continued breakfast. Finally, Ron decided to break the silence.

"Is bacum oar?" He asked with his mouth full so that food flew over the table.

"Ronald Weasley!" Hermione snapped before Mrs. Weasley could. "For the last time, don't talk with your mouth full! For Merlin's sake where are your manners!?"

The twins were stifling their laughs and Charlie was hiding his grin while Molly smiled at Hermione fondly.

"She is right young man!" Mrs. Weasley added as Ron swallowed.

"Sorry. I asked if Bill was coming over later."

His mother glared at him as everyone began eating again.

"In a few days."

In a matter of minutes everyone was finished. Mrs. Weasley did the dishes, declining Hermione's offer to help. The kids went to the living room while Arthur apparated to work. Hermione was reading a book as usual while Charlie was staring at her from afar. The others played a game of exploding snap. Suddenly there was a pop. In the middle of the living room stood Remus, Tonks and Sirius.