Chapter 6: Old Friends

"Wotcha guys!" Tonks greeted.

"Dora?" Charlie asked surprised.

"Char?" Tonks asked.

They hugged each other tightly.

"I haven't seen you in ages." Charlie exclaimed.

"Indeed. How have you been?"

Whilst the two fell into a conversation Ron leaned over to Hermione.

"How do they know each other?"

"Honestly Ron, they are the same age. It's only logical that they went to school together." Hermione said with frustration as she noted that Harry wasn't with them.

"Sorry that we can't all be as smart as you are!" Ron fired, his temper flaring.

"Alright!" Remus interrupted before a fight broke out. "Where is my hug?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Hey, I want a hug too!" Sirius pouted.

The young witch shook her head.

"I missed you." Sirius said in a baby voice making grabby hands. "Kitten." He added.

Hermione glared at him. She hated that nickname.

"Aw, I missed you too Snuffles!" She fired back with a smirk.

Sirius stared back at her.

"Whoop! 3 to 1 for Hermione, you go girl!" Tonks hollered.

They gave each other a high five. Tonks was counting insults again. The bubbly witch with colourful hair then moved to hug Ginny while Hermione hugged Remus who lifted her up. Next was Sirius who lifted her up also and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Hermione playfully glared at him. Charlie glared at the ex-convict. The jealousy was evident in his eyes. He then cleared his throat. Hermione's eyes widened.

"Right!" She nearly yelled finally remembering that she hadn't introduced them. "Charlie this is Sirius Black Harry's godfather, and this is Remus Lupin."

They all shook hands and Sirius eyed the Dragon Keeper. He was very protective of both Harry and Hermione.

"They are in the Order of the Phoenix just like Tonks." She continued as the greetings were over.

"So, will you be Hermione." Tonks blurted out as she stumbled over Sirius foot.

"Bloody hell woman! That was a secret! And by the way OWWW!" Sirius exclaimed while everyone stared at them.

Hermione was confused.

"What....What do you mean?" She asked slowly.

"We will tell you later, Hermione." Remus told her calmly.

Hermione nodded unconvinced.

"Remus, Tonks and Sirius!" Molly greeted as she entered the room with her husband by her side.

"Molly, Arthur!" They greeted back warmly. Well some warmer than others.

Molly went to the kitchen to prepare some tea and to bring some biscuits. Tonks and Charlie were quietly catching up in a corner. Hermione tried hard not to stare.

"So how was your summer?" Sirius asked Hermione.

"It was good." She lied.

Remus and Sirius eyed her suspiciously. They had both noticed that Hermione had lost quite a lot of weight.

"I learned a lot of things." She said truthfully.

Sirius chuckled.

"Of course, you did!"

"How have yours been?"

"Boring." Sirius said.

"Same as usual." Remus replied.

Hermione nodded; she of course knew the burdens that these two men had to carry. Sirius had to stay in his house all the time for his safety and Remus being a werewolf always got injured on full moons. She never pitied them, she just felt with them and tried to help them, they were her friends after all. Soon Molly came back, a tray full of teacups and plates with biscuits floating behind her impressively. She quickly served everyone and told everyone to make themselves comfortable.