Chapter 16: A comforting Hug

You have faced Dragons, she can't be that scary, Charlie told himself as he opened the front door to go after Hermione. He found her pacing while pulling her hair. At least the air around her didn't cackle and glimmer in different colours and her hands didn't spark. All that remained was the stance of her body. Anger and Frustration. She was obviously struggling with something.

"Hermione?"

She whirled around to face him.

"Are you okay?" He asked gently.

Stupid question, stupid, stupid, stupid, Charlie thought to himself. Of course, she is not okay.

As she stopped walking she threw him the same look that she had thrown Sirius earlier. When he didn't respond she rolled her eyes and started pacing again.

"I mean, of course you aren't okay but what I meant to say was; what's wrong and do you want to talk about it?"

Hermione turned to face him again and threw her hands into the air.

"Everything is fucking wrong! I mean Sirius always- always annoys the shit out of me but he just loves to do it when I am on my period! My hormones are already over the place but then he has to make me angry and I ugh, I want to rip his head off. But of course, I can't because I would feel guilty later and he is my best friend and Remus finally has him back, they deserve so much love and happiness!" She groaned. "And today was meant to be all about Harry and him getting a better life and now I feel guilty because I got so angry about a little thing, because of a stupid little word!"

She stopped briefly and wrapped her arms around herself.

"Everything hurts and I just want to eat chocolate and curl into a ball and cry." She sneered. "But I can't allow myself to cry because I am the strong one that everybody else relies on and I know that sounds- is so fucking stupid because everyone should be able to express their emotions freely but I just can't help it." She pressed her eyes shut to stop tears from leaking.

"Do you want a hug?"

Without looking at him she answered. "Yes please."

He stepped forward and took her into his arms. The witch wrapped her arms tightly round his waist and breathed him in. He smelled like clear air in a beautiful and magical forest. To him she smelled like spring, flowers blossoming and the air clearing, inviting sun after cold winter days. She fully relaxed against him and her worries faded away, for once her thoughts just stopped. Time passed but the two didn't notice, feeling completely and utterly calm.

Suddenly Charlie spoke.

"Does he even know that you are on your period?"

"No." She sighed. "I still want to kill him."

He chuckled.

"No, you don't, you love him too much."

"Maybe." The brunette grumbled. "If he would stop being such an ass all time."

"I think that just his personality."

She snorted.

"Do you know what I just noticed?"

"No."

"Your hand is really warm; it's doing wonders for my back."

"Thank you?"

"No. Thank you."

"Is your back hurting badly?"

"Yeah, you know it's only my hips being pushed apart to make room to release the blood."