Chapter 1

Blair

I was laying on the couch watching SpongeBob SquarePants with my baby brother when mum and dad went to go pick up Harriet my little sister from school. When I changed the channel to see what else was on I landed on the news and saw mum and dad's car collided with another car and the reporter say "There were 2 adults and a child in one car have passed away and 2 people in the other car have server injuries." At that point everything was just a noise in the background I stood up and slid down the side of the couch and cried. I put Kade on his play mat next to me. Now what am I going to do I'll have to look after Kade by myself I can't do that.

There was a knock at the door, I stood up to answer it and saw that it was Kate, a long-time family friend with a child services person. I opened the door and was enveloped in a hug.

"I'm sorry Blair, I'm so sorry" she whispered in my ear at that point I just lost it, I was crying and I couldn't stop

"Get your stuff Blair" the old lady grumbled at me.

I went into my room and got two big suitcases and a carry-on bag and filled one to the top with all of my stuff and the other one with all of Kade's stuff, then went and got the nappy bag and filled it with his clothes, some nappy's, a dummy, some toys for Kade to play with, my purse and phone.

"I'm done" I say as I walk back into the living room only to see Kate holding Kade.

"Why are you holding him? You can't hold him" I practically yelled at Kate

"Oh, I'm sorry dear I didn't realise but who is this?" she asked

"His my baby brother, I'll look after him so you don't have to worry about it" I explain to her

The car ride to the airport was extremely quiet except for when Kade would make the cutest sounds and when he was babbling. When we got to the airport, I got Kade's pram out of the back of the car then I walked around to his side of the car and got his car seat out and put it in his pram. Kate refused to let me carry any of the suit cases but I made her let me carry the nappy bag but I didn't really carry it because it was on the pram handle. We went inside and checked in I was now carrying Kade and the nappy bag. We went and got subway for dinner and then bored. For the most part of the plane ride Kade and Kate slept until we had half an hour left of the plane ride.

"You can ask me any questions if you want Blair" Kate says to me.

"I do have one question" I say to her.

"Ok, shoot what's your question?" she asks.

"Do you have any kids?" I ask her.

"Yes I do, I have 8 boys" she replies.

My jaw dropped, how does she have 8 kids, let alone 8 BOYS. Now what am I supposed to do, I'll be living with 10 boys and Kate how am I supposed to live.

"What are their names and how old are they?" was my next question.

"I'll start from oldest to youngest" she says.

"So, there is William he's 19 and loves to play soccer and plays the piano, then there's Lucas he's 17 and the school's best soccer player and the most popular boy in school as well he plays the guitar, piano and the violin, you'll find that when you go to school you'll probably get a lot of attention because all of the boys are the popular ones.

Wyatt he's 15 and loves the outdoors.

Levi he's 13 and the artistic one.

Wilder and Leo are twins there both 11 and polar opposites. Wilder is out going always playing pranks, Leo on the other hand likes to be inside reading and listing to music.

Wayne he's 9 and really quiet, he's learning how to play the flute and drums and then there's Lincoln he's 6 and a cheeky monkey" she replied

After I got all that information, I went quiet and so did Kate until she asked me,

"How come I didn't know about Kade?"

"Because we didn't tell anyone about Kade only my friends, mum, dad and Harriet know about Kade" I explain to her.

We went to baggage claim and got our bags, pram and car seat then headed outside to meet up with Cameron and two of their son's I presume the oldest two, so William and Lucas. When we found them outside I couldn't help but stare at Lucas. He has dirty blond hair, blue eyes and freckles across his nose and cheeks. We walk over to them I still have Kade in my arms, he had fallen asleep. When we got to the car Kate put his car seat into the car than moved out of the way for me to put him in the car.

"Hey, I'm Lucas and that over there is William. It's nice to meet you" Lucas said coming over to me

"Hey, it's nice to meet you to my names Blair and that's my baby brother Kade." I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks as I was talking to him I just needed someone to come and save me.

"Hurry up and get in the car!" Cameron yelled at us. I sat in between Kade and Lucas, Kate and Cameron were sitting in the front of the car and William sat in the back of the car

"So why is there a baby with us?" William asks all of a sudden.

"Because he's my baby brother" I say.

"He looks nothing like you or your mum and dad" he talks back to me.

"Does it really matter what he looks like he is my baby brother and that's that" I shot back at him.