Chapter 4

Blair

I skate in and out of the streets that surround us. I had a lot of questions going through my mind of how this was going to play out, what if she asks why I'm here? What if she asks about Mason? What if this ends badly? What if this is a bad idea? All off these things going through my mind like a broken record.

I finely get to the front door and knock. There's a long pause before someone I don't know opens it.

"Hi, do I know you?" they ask.

"I don't think so, but my names Blair and I'm here to see Maddie" I tell him.

"Oh okay, she didn't say anything about someone coming over" he tells me "by the way my name's Oliver I'm Maddie's older brother."

"Is she home?" I ask.

"Um yeah she is, do you want me to get her?" he asks me.

Um yeah that's why I'm standing here isn't it? I thought to myself.

"Yes please" I say to him.

He goes back inside to get Maddie for me. I wait and wait at the closed door for her. Finely the door opens with a very sick looking Maddie. Last time I saw her she was alive and healthy, her hair was glowing, her eyes had a sparkle in them, her skin was clear and now her hair didn't look healthy and she barely had any, her eyes didn't have a sparkle in them anymore and her skin was really pale and washed out. She didn't look good. I wonder what happened in the 4 weeks I haven't seen her.

"Hey" I say to her in a soft voice because I felt like if I speak normally I'm going to brake her, I know I'm not but I still feel like I am.

"Hey " she says in a little almost non-existent voice.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah I am, I'm just sick."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah but come inside first"

She moves out of the door way and lets me in. Wewalk to the living room where there are four other people in the living room.Her mum, dad and Oliver and a little girl I don't recognize. We go and sit onthe couch next to each other. It's really quiet, it kind of scars me.

"So, Blair" Maddie starts but thengoes quite.

"What's going on?" I ask.

No response, okay this is weird, usually theirreally loud and outgoing and their all siting here looking dead. I need answersnow. I need to know if I'm going to lose my best friend. Please no I can't loseher just after I've lost my family

"Well I have...." Everything juststops, time slows down before I hear what she says.    

======================================================================

Authors note:

Hey guys, sorry this is a short chapter 

Word count: 463