Chapter 9

Lucas

I was taking Blair out to Subway to get some food and talk but she didn't know that. The only thing I told her was to swap seats which she did. I kept looking at Blair as I was driving. How her long curly honey blond hair fell over her shoulders and down her back when she took it out. How her lips formed a smile when she saw animals out the window and how her crystal blue eyes looked when she looked at me. I than turned my attention back onto the road and pull into the car park. We get out of the car and I walk over to Blair and hold her hand as we walk into Subway. I tell the person what I would like on my sub and Blair does the same. As I go to pay Blair grabs my hand and shakes her head no. I tell her yes and pay for both of our subs. We walk over to a table and sit down to eat.

"How was your first day of school?" I ask her

"It was good I'm in Levi's class for a lot of them the only negative would have to be that boy that couldn't take his eyes off me during English and Science and then asked me out at lunch and all the attention I was getting"

"Yeah we'll get used to the attention you live with the Harvey boys after all" I joked.

"Yeah I know" she says to me. Then goes back to eating her sub.

"I need to tell you something" I say to Blair as we walk to the park hand in hand.

"Yeah okay" she says hesitantly.

"I like you Blair, like really like you" I tell her. I didn't expect anything back from her but next thing I know her lips are on mine and we're kissing. Her lips are exactly what I thought they would be, they were super soft and gentle.

"I like you too Lucas Kaiser Harvey" she whispers in my ear.

I was enjoying this but I knew we had to break apart.

"So, miss Blair Evangeline Scott will you be my girlfriend?" I ask her and she crashes her lips back onto mine.

"I would love to Mr Lucas Kaiser Harvey" she says.
We pull away from each other and head back to the car to go home.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was 6pm by the time we got home Blair had feed Kade and put him to be and everyone was in bed now expect for mum, Blair and me. Blair and I were in my room talking about nothing when she spots my piano and starts playing and then singing. She starts sing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart
Beats fast
Colours and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

Her voice was so smooth and beautiful. She plays the piano so effortlessly. I can't put into words just how much it made me happy to see her singing and playing. I joined in singing with her.

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

The next thing I know is that the whole family was in my room including Summer and Cassy watching us sing and watching Blair play the piano.

I'll love you for a thousand more
Ohh

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

After we finished singing and Blair stopped playing Blair turned around to look at everyone watching us. Her face turned the colour of a tomato. Everyone clapped and told Blair how good of a singer and pianist.

"So, when did you guys get together?" William asks

"Who says that were together?" I ask him

"Oh, you know the fact that you guys were singing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri and the connection between you two" he spits back.

"We may or may not of gotten together today" I tell them.

After a while everyone but Blair finely left my room. I walked over to the door and locked it so no one else would walk in one us. Blair came over to me a smashed her lips on mine. I whisper in her ear that I love her and landed my lips back on hers to continue the kiss. She moved her hands to my hair and pulled at it.

------------------------------------------------------------

We had fallen asleep on my bed last night. I had been up for an hour now. Kade was crying so I went a got him a bought him back to my bedroom. I let Blair sleep for a little bit longer before I went back up to my room to wake her up.

"Morning beautiful" I tell her as I move her hair from her face.
"Morning" she says with sleep still laced in her voice.

I watch as she picks up Kade and tells him good morning and I love you's and kisses. She puts him down and heads for a shower. I pick up Kade and leave my room to go back downstairs. I've already had a shower and been ready for school. When I get down I go to the kitchen and cut up some fruit and give it to Kade to eat.

Blair comes down the stairs with her bag on her shoulder as she brushes out her extremely long curly hair. I love playing with her hair and getting my fingers caught in it. She places her bag by the front door and starts to braid her hair from one end all the way around and down her shoulder.

"There's vegemite toast on a plate in the kitchen for you" I tell her.

"Thank you" she says to me as shepecks my lips.

------------------------------------------------

On the way to school it was quiet. More quietthan normal. No one was speaking or singing. Everyone was staring out thewindow as I drive along the road.

================================================================

Word count: 1195