Chapter 11

Lucas

I walk into the house and Blair's not here but Kade is. Where is this girl? It's not like her to leave Kade. I dump my school bag in my room and go over and pick Kade up. I walk downstairs over to where mum is.
"Hey mum, do you know where Blair is, she's not at home and her hockey bag is missing" I ask mum
"Lucas"

"Yeah"

"If her hockey bag isn't here than where do you think she is?" mum asks in a duh tone

"Oh yeah she would be at the rink"

"Yeah"

"Ok, I'm going to go to the rink with Kade after I go and get him changed into something warmer" I tell mum.

After I Kade changed into warmer clothes I head out to the rink. It's about a 30-minute drive to get there. When I pull up I get Kade out of the car and head inside.
"Mama" Kade says

"Yeah were going to see mama" I reply as I walk through the doors holding Kade in my arms.
I head over to the window and watch Blair in awe. The way she glides so smoothly across the ice. That massive smile on her face, the sort of smile that shines in her eyes. She doesn't look like she cares about anything. I decide to go through the doors to where the ice is. I walk up the stairs to go sit in one of the chairs. I place Kade on the sit next to me while we watch Blair practice. Wait Blair's practicing but she isn't even in a team yet or is she trying out when the others are actually practicing.

Blair
I look up to see Lucas and Kade here watching me. Why are they here? I think to myself but I have no time to think about that. I start stick handling and start doing wrist and slap shots. It's been an hour since tryouts started for me and its now time to get off the ice. I skate to the door and get off the ice. I walk over to where the guys are and listen to what coach has to say.
"Good practice guys and Blair I'm sorry but you haven't made the team" he says to me while the whole team is still there. Everyone turns to look at me and coach in shock. It's okay Blair you gave your best that's all you could do. I look at the floor with a disappointed look and say to coach it's okay and walk off to the locker rooms and get changed.

"Hey buddy" I coo at Kade when I walk over to the stand where Lucas and Kade are. The hockey team are still listing to what coach is saying but I can't hear what their saying. As were walking towards the doors to leave I hear my name being called after me. I abruptly stop and turn around to see who was calling after me, it was coach. I slowly walk over to him while still holding Kade in my arms. I stop just short of the group of guys smirking at me. All of a sudden, I felt self-conscious.
"Blair while you were about to leave the guys mainly Anderson talked me into letting you be a part of the team only thing is that you have to be at every practice and team meeting on time no excuses" coach says in a threating tone.
"Thank you so much, you won't be disappointed" I tell coach.

I turn around and head out to the car that Lucas came in. I made it I thought to myself, but what happens if Kade needs me. That was the thing what happened if Kade needed me? Who would look after him when I can't? What would happen when I had practice, a game or team meeting? I had all these questions and no answer.

"Blair, hey babe, what are you thinking?" Lucas asks me

"um, oh, sorry. I was just wounding what would happen when I had a game, practice or meetings" I tell him.

"Well I can look after him and when you have agame we will be sitting front row cheering you on" That made me smile. I couldfeel the heat from the blush forming on my face so I turned to look out thewindow to see we were back at the Harvey house. I left Lucas to get Kade andwent inside. I know that's not the best thing a mother can do to him but I justneeded some "me" time away from him. I know that sounds bad but Ican't help it. I love Kade but sometimes you just need that break and thatbreak was now. 

=============================================================

Authors note: 

Sorry for the short chapter again 

Word count: 797