Chapter 6

Blair

I walk into the kitchen and cut up an apple and make a vegemite sandwich. I gave the apple to Kade to eat and sit down next to Lucas and eat my sandwich.

"You ok?" Lucas asks out of nowhere.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask?" I try to tell him in my most convincing voice with a plastered on fake smile.

"Just you were upset earlier and wanted to check up on you, that's all" he explains.

I focus my gaze at my food while slowly eating it and thinking about what Maddie told me earlier today. She was fine four weeks ago when I saw her and now this. I can't lose my best friend not again anyway.
"I can't lose her" my voice breaking as I tell Lucas.

"Who can't you lose?" He asks very confused.

"Maddie, I can't lose Maddie, I can't lose another friend not again" I break down, tears now streaming down my face. Lucas leans over and gives me a hug and whispers soothingly in my ear,

"Everything is going to be ok, you're not going to lose Maddie. You're ok"

We stay in that position until Kade screams his head off. I jerk away from Lucas and run over to Kade and pick him up.
"You ok buddy, you're ok" I whisper to him as I rock back and forth. I check the time and realise it's 8pm.
"I'm going to go and put him to bed I might be back down but if I'm not goodnight" I say to Lucas and walk upstairs to my room. I walk inside and gently place Kade in his cot with a light blanket over him, I kiss the top of his head and whisper goodnight than go to my bathroom. I strip out of my clothes and stare at myself, all my scars and imperfections then hop in the shower and turn it on. I wash my body in the warm water than hop out and get dried, I stare at the razor sitting on my bathroom counter, "it'll take away all the pain of losing your family and friends" a voice in my head tells me. I contemplate picking it up but decide not to and get dressed into an oversized Queen t-shirt with a pair of shot shots. I untangle my hair and brush it out, clean my teeth than leave my bathroom. I walk back downstairs and see all the older boys and Kate talking. I walk past them and into the kitchen to get a glass of water before heading back to bed.
"Hey Blair, not so fast we wanted to speak to you" Kate says in a calm voice. I turn around and head to the table where everyone is sitting and take a seat next to Lucas. I place my cup in front of me and stare at it.

"What are you doing, why can't you just look up" a voice in my head questioned.

"How are you Blair, seriously?" Kate is the first to speak up.

"I'm fine"

"Ok saying your fine means you're not, what's really going on?" Kate pushes.

"NOTHING OK, NOTHING IS GOING ON!" I scream at them as I wipe away the tears that are spilling from my eyes again.

I get up and run up the stairs to my room. I get in and lock the door before anyone else can get in. I collapse onto my bed and cry, I cry for mum, dad, Harriet and Maddie. I cry because I want everything to go back to the way they were before. I cry because I want my sister back. I cry because I miss her, I miss teasing each other and joking around. I miss her, I miss her big brown eyes and her long curly blonde hair. I miss the walks to school together. I miss not having anyone to have to watch over, I mean yes, I have Kade I need to look after but it's just not the same. Just as I'm about to get under the covers to go to sleep there's a knock on my door.

"Go away" I tell whoever it is.

"Not until you let me in" it's Lucaswhat a surprise. He's always here when I need him. I climb out of bed and openmy door to let him in. He walks in and I lead him to my bed and we sit down.

=====================================================================

Authors note:

Sorry its another short chapter 

Word count: 741