Chapter 10

Blair

It was oddly quite in the car on the way to school. I was lost in thought thinking about mum, dad and Harriet. How I wish they were still here, I miss them so much it's hurts. Why, why did this have to happen, if this didn't happen than Kade and I would be safe, Harriet, mum and dad would be laughing at something I said and we would be one big happy family like we used to be, but I can't bring them back sadly, I wish I could though. I stayed quiet and rested my head in my hand against the window and let the tears slip down my face slowly. All I want is for everything to go back to normal, but what's normal right? Nothing is normal, when is anything ever going to be normal? I just what them back, I want to hug Harriet one more time, I want to sing to her one more time, I want to kiss her one more time, I want to say I love you one more time, but I won't be able to.

I didn't realise we were at school until Lucas says my name,
"Blair, hey what's wrong?"

"Um, nothing, nothing is wrong" I say quickly wiping my tears away.

"Hey, there is something wrong but you don't need to tell me if you don't want to" he says in a reassuring way.

"I just want to go to class" I tell him

"Ok" is all he says.

We get out of the car and head to our lockers hand in hand. I go to my locker and get out my Art book, English book and pencil case and head to form class.

When I get to form I sit down on the ground because we don't have any tables and chairs in this classroom so I go and sit in the corner by myself. I open up my art book to the back of it and start to draw a girl with her long hair covering half her face while crying and sitting under a massive oak tree. I keep drawing for about another 15 minutes until the teacher tells us it's time to go to class. I pack everything up and head to English with Miss Russ.

When I get to the classroom I stand in a line waiting for the teacher to let us in the class. She than comes out and let's one line in at a time. I go over to what I call my desk now and sit down. I open up my notebook and start writing the heading, date and the notes that are on the board.

"Ok class, today I'm giving you guys the book that you need to read and study for the rest of this term." Miss Russ says as she comes around and gives us our books.

There was a lot of complaining from all the students in the class because we had to read a book but I didn't mind. I actually love reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch time finely rolled around and I was heading over to the table where the boys were sitting at. Great Indigo is sitting with them today. As I near the table I hear them speaking about me.

"Oh, did you hear that Blair has a son and the farther is not in the picture?"

"Blair's a bitch, she doesn't deserve to be here her son's ugly af as well"

"She's just a stupid petty little girl who has no life"

I turn around and head towards the library to escape them when Lucas comes over to me.

"Hey, where are you going, I thought you were going to sit with us?" he questions.

"I would if you guys weren't talking shit about me" I reply to him.

"What do you mean Blair?"

"Stop acting dumb Lucas, you know exactly what I mean" I say as I walk off.
Lucas tries to come after me but instead I keep walking off and he finally leaves me alone.

I get to the library and sit in the back corner and start reading the book that Miss Russ gave us during English called The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

----------------------------------------------------

Everyone's gone back to the house except me. I pull my ice hockey bag back onto my back as I enter the rink. There's a team on the ice at the moment practicing as I walk over to watch them I go to the front desk and ask where the coach is for the Southern Stars. (A/N this is a real team and do not take credit)

"Which team are you looking for because there's 5 teams?" She asks me politely

"The under 18 team please" I tell her

"Then you would be looking for coach Ivan Rapchuck and he would be over there watching those boys on the ice" (A/N not my character as he is a real person)

"Thank you" I tell her as I walk off towards the team practicing.

"Good luck" she calls after me.

I walk through the double doors that lead to the rink. As I open them I feel the cool air hit my face. 'I can't wait to get on the ice' I thought to myself. It's been too long since I was on the ice last. I walk over to the seats and place my bag down. I walk over to the boards and watch as the guys on the ice train. All of them had a jersey on but one intertitular had caught my eye, his jersey read ANDERSON, 16. Form what I could with is helmet and gear on he was pretty cute with longish dirty blonde hair, muscular body with tan skin. He was an amazing skater, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the caption of the team or his position was centre. I watch in aw for a little while longer before Anderson comes skating over to me.

"Hey, I'm Blake Anderson. Who are you?" He questions

"Hi, I'm Blair Scott, I was looking for coach Ivan Rapchuck"

"You trying out for the team?"

"Yeah, I am, got a problem with that?" I fire back

"Coach is over there and yes I got a problem with that, girls don't play hockey." He states

"Watch me" I shoot back as I walk over to coach Rapchuck.

"Hi, are you coach Rapchuck?" I ask

"Yeah I am, what can I do for you" he asks

"I was wondering if I could try out for the hockey team" I tell him

"No" he says bluntly

"Why?" I question

"Because you're a girl and girls don't play hockey"

"You sure about that?"

"Yeah I am"

"Well I'll make a deal with you, you let mepractice with your team now and if you like what I've got I make the team ifyou don't than you don't. Deal?" I ask

He looks at me like he's thinking about it.Please say yes, please, please, say yes.I tell him in my head.

"Fine you can practice with these guys butI wouldn't get your hopes up" he agrees.

Yes. I thought to myself. He's letting mepractice with the guys. You got this Blair, you can do it, you've been doingthis since you were 4 years old. You've been playing with guys your whole life.I give myself a peep talk in my head. I walk over to where I had dumped myhockey bag and lace up my skates. I walk over to the ice and get on. I do onelap of the rink and then go to where the guys and the coach are.

"Well guys as you can see we have someonewho wants to try out for the team. So, don't go easy on her. We're all stillgoing to go full out" he tells everyone.

Okay Blair this only means that you need to tryharder than ever. You know you can keep up. You got this. Go and do what you'vealways done.

"Okay guys I want you to do sprints 10times" coach yells at us.

We all skate over to the blue line and get readyto go. As soon as coach says to go we all take off. I'm in the lead I'vealready done 5 of them when everyone else is in their 4th lap. Come on Blairkeep pushing.

================================================================

Word count: 1400