Chapter 5

"Well I have leukemia" Maddie says to me in a quiet voice.

Wait what, she has leukemia? How? I just saw her four weeks ago. How does she go downhill that fast in four weeks? I thought to myself.

"But how?" I ask on the verge of crying.

"I had it before leaving to come here but we didn't know about it, we only found out about it four weeks ago when we got here because my nose wouldn't stop bleeding and I had really bad fevers and chills, bruises kept showing up out of nowhere and my bones were really sore. So, we went to the hospital and that's when we found out I had leukemia" Maddie explains.

This couldn't be happening not to my best friend, my only friend who stuck by me when all the things between Mason and I happened.

"I'm sorry Maddie, I really am" I tell her as I get up and walk over to her and give her a massive hug.

"It's ok, and don't be sorry this isn't your fault" she reminds me.

We ended up talking for hours before I get a call to go home so I had to leave.

"By Maddie, I'll talk to you tomorrow"

"By Blair"

I left her house and jump onto my skateboard and ride back to the Harvey's house. When I get to the house I hop off my skateboard and walk inside and upstairs to my room ignoring everyone who was calling my name. When I enter my room, I turned around to locked the door behind me and fell onto my bed, crying. Tears were running down my face. I probably looked like a crazy person with mascara running as well as tears. I just want my family back. I want everything to go back to normal but what's normal, I don't know. I miss Harriet, mum and dad. I than heard a knock on the door and ignored it at first but then it got louder and louder and, than I heard Lucas' voice. Of course, it's Lucas when is it never him.

"Blair let me in, please" he begged.

So, I got out of bed and walked over to the door and unlock and open it. I shut the door and lock it as quickly as possible. I took Kade out of his arms and rocked him, I think to calm myself more so than him. Next thing I know Lucas has his arms around me and Kade than he whispers in my ear,

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shake my head to say no and sit on my bed and let Kade do whatever he wants. Lucas sits next to me and comforts me.

"I don't think I want to go to school tomorrow" I tell him truthfully

"Why?" he asks

"I just don't have the mental capacity to go to school and face everyone there"

"I think it will be good for you to go so you can get you mind off of things here and focus on things at school" he says

"Okay" I say than he leaves my room

I hop off the bed and pick Kade up and walk over to the change table and change his nappy.

"Hey, cutie"

I than put him in his walker and let him walk around in my room while I pull out my school uniform and put it on my dresser for tomorrow.

I pick Kade up out of his walker and head downstairs. When I get down stairs Lucas was looking at me like I was crazy.

"You okay?" I ask him as I put Kade down to do whatever he wants.

"Yeah just admiring you"

===========================================================

Authors note:

Another short chapter, sorry 

Word count: 623