1. Move In Day

"Ai'Beam! What the heck do you have in here? Why is it so heavy?" Kit complained as he dropped a large box from the trunk of Beam's car and began to push it.

"Ayye! Ai'Kit, I have valuables in there. Be careful with it!" Beam ran over to Kit. Kit stood up to his full height, which wasn't very tall, and looked at Beam. Beam could tell his friend was irritated with him but he couldn't let him destroy his things.

Kit placed his hands on his hips. "Then why don't you carry it then?" He frowned. "Why is it me and Phana doing all the heavy work?"

"Yeah, Ai'Beam." Phana came from around the other side of the car. "We're out here breaking a sweat, and look at you."

Phana pointed at Beam and Beam looked down at his hands. The only thing he had was a desk calendar. He looked back up at his friends and smiled sheepishly. Kit folded his arms.

"And what have you got to say for yourself??"

Beam shrugged, still smiling. "This is very valuable too?"

Kit and Phana looked at each other and it was as if they came to a unanimous decision at the same exact time. They both looked over at Beam and smacked him on the back of the head.

"Oi!" Beam yelled.

Kit snatched the desk calendar out his hands. "Carry your own damn box." He huffed and proceeded to carry nothing but the calendar up to Beam's room with Phana following after him carrying nothing. Beam rubbed his head as he watched them walk off. He reached down and picked up his box and groaned.

"Ugh..what do I have in here?" He grunted as he tried to shift the box so he could carry it comfortably. When he got inside, Phana and Kit were waiting for him.

As they all three made their way to the elevators, the woman at the front desk, one of the resident advisers, stopped them.

"I'm sorry." She looked at Phana and Kit. "Freshman can't have visitors just yet." Then she looked to Beam. "Unless, your friends are helping you move in, I'm afraid you have to ask them to leave." She smiled apologetically then turned back to whatever it was she was doing.

Beam stood there opening and closing his mouth as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. Phana and Kit looked at him, then at each other, then burst out laughing.

"Come on, freshy!" Phana exclaimed, slapping Beam on the back so hard he almost dropped the box. "Let's help you move in." He laughed.

"Fre...I'm not...freshman??" Beam kept sputtering.

"Come on, freshman. To the elevators we go." Phana wrapped his arm around Beam's shoulder and led him off, with Kit trailing after them, his laughter ringing in the hall.

"I can't believe she thought I was a freshman." Beam dropped the box as soon they got in the elevator. "So what, I missed the upperclassmen move-in day. I was on vacation! I don't look like a freshy."

"Hey, I thought you said you had valuable things in there!" Kit pointed at the box.

"Oh yea...uh..I do."

Kit squinted at him.

"Or maybe you just wanted me and Phana to do all the heavy work like I originally said. Ai'Jerk!" Kit rolled his eyes and faced away from them.

"If you guys don't help me, who else will? Aww, don't be mad...Ai'Kit?"

No answer.

"Ai'Kit? Don't be mad na...."

Still no answer.

Beam looked at Phana for help but all he did was shrug. Kit had always been the grumpy one of the group with a really quick temper, although Phana's temper wasn't one to mess with either.