30. Apologies

Beam sat in the library with Phana and Kit. Phana had his nose deep in one of his textbooks although Kit and Beam both knew that he wasn't really studying today. Once again, he and Nong Yo were going through a little rough patch and whenever they had something going on, Phana couldn't focus on school work.

But he wasn't the only one not studying. Beam was busy twirling his pen in his finger while he rested his chin in his other hand, humming. Kit was growing annoyed.

"Shiaa, Ai'Beam! I can't take it anymore." He snapped at him. Beam looked at him, startled.

"What? What did I do?"

"Stop your noise. Between your humming, and Pha's brooding energy, I just can't take it."

"Do you want me to brood instead?"

Kit squinted at him in annoyance.

"At least that way it won't be a conflict in emotions." Beam smiled.

Kit sucked his teeth and threw is pencil at him. Beam quickly dodged out of the way and laughed. Then they both turned to Phana.

"Why so down, boss?" Beam asked. "I thought things were going well with you and Nong."

"I know. Didn't you go see him last night? What's going on?" Kit chimed in.

Phana sat up but still stared down. He began to shake his head.

"I went to see him. There's new pictures going around."

"More pictures of you and Nong? I thought you guys were okay with those." Beam asked. But Phana shook his head again.

"Not me and Yo. Me and Pring."

"Pring??" Both Beam and Kit asked in unison.

"Someone posted pictures of us. It was when she came over to ask me to help her with her car, after I said yes. Someone saw us."

"Quick, get your phone, Beam. Mine is almost dead." Kit said quickly. Beam pulled his phone out and immediately went to facebook to see what he could find. It didn't take long to find the photos. It wasn't uncommon for pictures of students to appear on fan pages for the university, especially Stars and Moons of the university. Not too long ago, pictures of Phana and Yo appeared on the Cute Boy Fanpage of them at a carnival together. But this time someone else had posted photos of Phana and the Star from their faculty, Pring. It looked like pictures of a happy couple.

"Yikes..." Beam said under his breath, handing Kit the phone. Kit didn't know what to say either.

"Yo saw them already, hasn't he?" Kit asked quietly.

Phana nodded. "He saw them before I ever even got to his apartment."

Beam and Kit looked at each other.

"What did he say?" Kit asked.

Phana paused before answering.

"He thinks I'm cheating on him."

"Shiaa..." Kit said under his breath.

"But how can he believe it? After everything you two have been through." Beam asked.

"Look at those pictures, Beam. Anyone would believe it." Phana said, irritation creeping into his voice.

Beam immediately began to think about that night at the soccer stadium when Aroon had tried to kiss him and Forth thought Beam was playing with his emotions. He knew it was true; it's hard to not believe what the eyes are clearly seeing.

Kit looked over at their friend. Phana was clearly sad about this and he wasn't sure he knew what to say to make him feel better.

"This can be fixed, Pha. Try not to stress, okay?"