IV

***

Amidst all the violence, Bigbelly huffed on his knees

"Just in time..."

"Oh, right. The old man."

Claret walked up to him, and raised his sword. It came crashing down, shattering Bigbelly's spinal cord.

"Gaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Bigbelly's body twitched, then fell to the floor. On his face was a smile.

"That takes care of that. Now, where is the Progenitor Dragon..."

The Yggdrasil tree glowed emerald. It's leaves descended like a petal storm, covering the dead bodies that scattered on the floor.

"Oh... I seem to understand now."

Claret looked at the tree, which began to shed it's thick bark. The branches grew longer, and the roots came up from the ground, connecting to each pile of leaves.

Dark green mana flowed through the branches and roots like a tube, and was absorbed by piles of leaves.

"Muhaha... Muhahahaha!"

Claret laughed as he watched the Progenitor Dragon of Regal Birth, Megaloma, take shape from inside the tree. Covered in sticky sap, the Progenitor Dragon flew into the air, and screamed at Claret.

"Cahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

One by one, the pile of leaves began to rise

One by one, the pile of leaves began to rise. Reversing the effects of death, the bodies were being revived by the mana.

"For once... I can see how powerful these dragons are. I thought Agnos, Formido and Gilgal were jokes. But Megaloma... he is the real deal."

Claret pulled his sword back, and launched into the air. Megaloma created a shield made of flowers, as Claret's sword cleaved through it.

"Unfortunately for you, fire-types will always beat grass-types!"

Then, with a blazing swish of his sword, it landed a devastating hit against Megaloma. Fire began consuming the Progenitor Dragon, but it didn't flinch.