Chapter 3

We all went to the Dairy Queen parking lot where the seniors and freshmen are.

The freshmen are all in a circle.
"You disgusting little freshman sluts, AIR RAID!" Darla yelled. I thought to myself she's such a bitch.

She did that like 2-3 times and said, "how did you punks ever make it out of junior high." Darla said.

They're humiliating the freshman girls in front of guys. I'm with Pink, Tony, Don and Mike and Jodi comes up to us with a freshman girl.
"Propose to Don." Jodi said to the girl.
"Will you marry me?" She asked him as she kneels go the grown.
"Well, I don't know, what'll you do for me?" Don asked.
"Anything you want." She responded.
"Anything?" Don questioned. She responded once again with, "anything."
"Do you swallow or spit?" Don asked. We all just laughed at what he just said.
"Umm, whatever you'd like." She responded. I don't think she knows what that meant.
"Okay, I guess I'll marry you." Don laughed.

Pink and I left to go to Pickford's house. We got to his house and we seen his mother packing and loading the trunk of their car.
"Hey Mrs. Pickford." Pink greets her.
"Hey Randy. Oh how lovely you finally got a girlfriend." She said to randy then continued and said to me, "You're so beautiful honey!"
"Oh no I'm not his girlfriend. I'm new to town and we just met at school today. Thank you." I said with a chuckle then smiled.
"You guys will be an amazing couple. Keith should be upstairs." She winked at us then smiled.

We walk up to Pickford's room and he let us in. He put a fly head screwdriver so no one can open the door.

"A sample of the goods?" Pickford asked us.
"Cool." Pink and I said at the same time.
He hands me the joint and I take a hit. I passed it over to Pink and he hits it too.
"Fifteen bucks." Pickford smiled.
I reached into my pocket to give it to him and so did Pink.
Someone knocked on the door and we try to remain calm and they're quietly trying to put the goodies away.
"Who is it?" Pickford asked
"Keith I think you needa come out." His mom told him.
"What is it?" He responded
"There's someone here that needs to talk to you."

"Keith open the door!" His father yelled.
He opened the door and his father stepped in.
"Who's out there?" Pickford asked
"Did you order kegs of beer?" His father asked him.
"What no, he must have gotten the wrong address." Pickford said trying to remain calm. Then he added, "I'll go talk to him."
Pickford went outside to talk to the guy.

His father asked us, "do you know anything about a party tonight?"
We all looked at each other and nodded and said no.
He smiled angrily and walked out.

Pickford came back upstairs after about 5 minutes.

"Were you going to have a party here tonight son?"  His father asked.
No I don't know what that was all about." Pickford answered.
"Start unpacking honey, were not going this weekend." His dad said as he walked out of the room.

"I can't believe what just happened." Pickford said in a low tone.
"Bummer. Let's go cruise." Pink said.

The sun was already going down and we're cruising with the volume high.

"Hey, lets go see Mitch at his baseball game." Benny said.
They all agreed and that's where we headed.

We got there and went to the bleachers. Don Benny and Hudson are standing at the rails of the bleachers in front.

"Hey wanna go sit down?" Pink asked me.
"Sure." I smiled.
He let me walk up the stairs first and he followed. We found a spot and we sat down. We saw the boys and they were yelling at the boy who was pitching.

"So why do they only call out the pitcher?" I chuckled.
"He's Jodi's brother Mitch. She said to take it easy and they're gonna do the opposite." Pink said laughing.

The game was over and the boys were gone. I think they might have gotten Mitch.

We were walking past the bleachers when this old man asked Pink, "you ready to throw the ball this fall?"
"Hm not too sure. I guess we'll see then." Pink casually smiled.
I just noticed he has a really nice smile.
The old man told him, "I see you finally got yourself a girlfriend."
Pink started to blush and he said, "We just met today, she's new in town."
"Well good luck to the both of you." The old man said to us and walked away.

We started walking and I chuckled.
"What's funny?" He chuckled saying that.
"That's the second person that has asked you that." I laughed. He laughed along and as we were laughing we brushed up on each other side by side.
We finally got to where the guys were and they were already getting Mitch with the paddle but it looked like they finished him.

"You next?" Hudson asked Pink. Benny and don left to find the other freshmen.
"Yeah." Pink said as he got the paddle.
Poor kid, he looked at pink worriedly with red and watery eyes.

Pink pulls the paddle all the way back as if he was gonna hit Mitch so hard but he bluffed and stops inches before his ass. He only tapped him with the paddle and gave the paddle back to Hudson.
"Later man." Hudson said to pink, "later Nina" he said to me as he walked off.

"Hey man, need a ride?" Pink asked Mitch.
Mitch looked surprised because Pink was being friendly.
"Um yeah I think everyone left me." Mitch said as he wiped his eyes and nose. He added, "who's this?"
"This is Nina. She's new to town. She's met mostly everyone." Pink said smiling to Mitch.
"Hey Nina." Mitch said with a smirk to me.
"Hey Mitch. How's your ass? Must be hurting huh?" I asked him.
"Yeah, it mostly just stings." Mitch said trying to brush off the feeling of it.
"Yeah, that happened to my older brother I remember seeing them do that to him. Just put some ice on it for an hour, after that it'll be nothing a few beers can't take care of." I winked and smiled to him as we got into Pinks  truck.
"Thanks." He smiled. Then we went to Mitch's house.
We arrived and Pink asked him, "hey the boys, Nina and I are gonna cruise since the party got busted. Want us to cruise by and get you?"
"Think it's safe?" Mitch asked questionably.
"Should be. After you get it bad even the guys that haven't busted you will give you a few days. It'll be a cool move to show them it didn't bother you that much." Pink told Mitch in a cool way. Pink added, "we'll be by in an hour or so."
"Cool, thanks for the ride man." Mitch said then walked into his house.

Pink and I speeded off