chapter 12

*billies pov*

i sat on the plane, staring out the window at the clouds. i've gotten used to flying recently, but honestly i really enjoy it. it's so cool to just watch the clouds and everything below you while you're up in the air.

i miss katherine, and i wish the plane had wifi so i could text her but even first class doesn't have wifi since it's a small plane. fuckin sucks man.

i started to doze off, so i figured i might as well get some sleep anyways and not fight it off.

~

"please prepare for landing" i heard from the extremely loud speakers above my head. i rub my eyes and sit up, stretching a little bit so it would be easier to get up once we actually land.

the plane starts to gain turbulence and speed as it flies down to land. this is always the most exciting part, especially when i'm going home.

i sat in my seat, waiting for the plane to come to a complete stop so i could stand up and grab my bags from above me.

everybody began standing up and shuffling through the isles , eager to get off the plane.

i grab my bags from above me, and start to walk forward when i see my family is right behind me. stepping off the plane was the best feeling i've had in a while. i missed home so much.

me, my mom, my dad, my manager, and finneas all walked towards the exit gates. my mom was calling an uber as we walked, and i was checking my texts and going to text katherine. which i guess i didn't need to do.

i looked up as we were almost to the front doors of the airport to see zoe and katherine standing, waiting for us.

we weren't expecting them to be there, but we weren't complaining at all. atleast i wasn't.

i ran to katherine, giving her a big but firm hug, kissing her softly on the cheek. but not too romantically, just in case.

i then hugged zoe and apologized for not really texting her much. she understood though, she always does.

"i'm not sure what kind of uber you're expecting to carry five people in a backseat, but katherine brought her car so i'm sure we can be your uber tonight. and finneas too, if he wants." zoe said, pointing outside towards the car.

finneas and i both nodded, looking to mom for nonverbal permission. she waved goodbye, which i'm guessing meant it was fine for us to go.

i got in the front seat, leaving zoe and finneas to sit in the back. i turned the music all the way up and of course, started moving around as much as i could in the small seat i was in.

"yo, i'm hungry as fuck." i said, looking at katherine because she knows exactly what i want.

as soon as i said that, she takes a turn into taco bell. funny how i didn't even know how close we were to one.

she pulled into the drive-thru, collecting everyone's orders and ordering way too much food. but i knew we would eat it all.

we got our food, and started driving until we pulled into my driveway. i'm guessing my parents had already gotten home since the lights were on and everything.

"yo, are you staying to hang out or are you just dropping me off?" i asked kat, wondering why she came to the airport either way.

"nah i'm coming in." she replied, not even looking at me.

we walk into the front door after getting mine and finneas' bags. and i'm greeted by pepper jumping everywhere and licking my face and neck.

"bil, come here!" my mom yells from inside my room. why is she in there?

i walk down the hallways to my room, as i'm welcomed by a shit ton of gift bags and envelopes, with a sign that says "welcome home!" and balloons.

"dude, i was only gone for a week. did you miss me that much?" i said, definitely being cocky.

"yeah, we did. now open the gifts bozo." kat said, smiling at me.

i open the gifts slowly but surely, but they're all small notes with random objects like a basketball or just a capital e.

once i get to the last envelope, i open it and a tear starts to fall as soon as i see that its plane tickets. specifically, tropical island vacation tickets.

"six fucking tickets to bali? you're literally kidding. shut the fuck up." i yelled, as everyone else is smiling at me.

"so do i get to pick who goes with me?" i asked, looking at my mom.

"well, i was thinking it would be you, me, your father, finneas, zoe, and katherine?" she replied, which was who i was gonna choose anyways.

"wait wait, katherine gets to go too? like foreal?" i asked excitedly.

i could tell how excited she was that she got to go with me and my family. i got up and hugged her tight, with tears in my eyes. i made my way towards everybody else to hug and thank them. this is everything and more.

it was getting late, so katherine decided to stay and we decided it would be best for us to chill until we got tired.

i'd been thinking about the kiss my entire trip and i needed answers. after sitting and staring at her for a long while, and her not noticing, put my hand on her knee, shifting her towards me.

"hey, can we talk about something?"