chapter 15

*billies pov*

~

We've been walking around the airport for about two hours since we ate, and I was honestly getting tired.

I feel my phone buzzing from my pocket, so I instantly take it out to see across the screen:

*incoming call from momma maggie*

I answer it, knowing it's most likely her telling us to start walking to the gate. And to no surprise, that is what she said.

"Hey babe, we gotta start walking over to the gate because the planes leaving soon." I tell Katherine.

We start walking, and a crowd of people start surrounding me, asking for pictures or autographs and shoving cameras in my face.

I understand that they just wanna support me but half the time I feel like they only care about the picture. Honestly, most of the time I can tell they really don't care about talking to me at all.

"Hey guys I appreciate all the love but, I gotta get to my gate. I have somewhere to be. I cant take pictures with you all but I love you so so much." I said, try to break free from the crowd politely.

I could see Katherine standing away from the crowd, obviously nervous.

I finally get out of the crowd, but they still continue to follow me. I grab Katherine's hand, but slyly is that the cameramen won't catch it and assume.

Eventually, I get to my gate and my mom tells the crowd that they cannot follow me around the airport, especially if they also have flights to go to. Considering the fact that they were inside the security area, that means they were flying as well.

The flight starts boarding, and I scan my ticket to first class, waiting for Katherine to be done.

We walk through the jetway, and step onto the plane. I always kiss the plane with my hand before getting on, just for safe travels. Katherine laughs at me when she sees me do it though.

"You're such a dork." she says, trying to hide her snicker.

"Hey, if this plane doesn't crash, it's my blame. I blessed the plane." I said, flipping my hair dramatically.

We find our seats, putting our bags above us and our carryons in front of us. We always try not to pack bags that are too large so that we don't have to wait at baggage claim.

~

"Prepare for landing in Hong Kong," the flight attendant says loudly, waking me and Katherine both up.

I wake up holding her hand and her head on my shoulder. I guess that's just how we fell asleep. The flight was about 12 hours, and we didn't sleep the whole time, but we did for most of it.

We get off the plane as fast as we can, seeing that it's daylight outside. It was still morning here, meaning we had the whole day to kinda explore since our flight to Bali wasn't until tomorrow.

We wait for the rest of my family before walking away from the gate, but once they walk through, we start walking towards the exit of the airport immediately before I can be seen.

~

"Woah, look at that building." Zoe said, pointing to the Innovation Tower.

We'd been walking around downtown for a while, just looking at the buildings and admiring everything.

"It looks like a barcode." Katherine said, as Finneas clocked back with, "So do you."

"I hate you, stupid ginger." Katherine said, obviously joking.

Finneas held his hand on his heart, pretending to be offended.

They acted like brother and sister honestly, but they also get along really well.

A trail of high schoolers passed by us in uniforms, and I see Katherine's face turn in disgust.

"Damn, I do not miss that."

Katherine's been homeschooled since everything happened with her mom, but she isn't online, her dads just supposed to teach her. He hasn't really been actually doing it for s while though, so she learns most things from the internet or through life.

"I'm starving." I yell out, causing everyone to look at me agreeing.

We walk to a nearby food place, grabbing some to-go food and sitting on some benches outside near the Victoria Park.

The Victoria Park is literally beautiful. It's full of sand and beaches and tennis courts.

We finish our food, and then walk off to the beaches before the sun starts setting.

My mom texted me, checking on us to see where we were, since her and my dad decided to stay back at the hotel.

Katherine and I walked along the sand, while Zoe and Finneas went to the tennis courts to joke around.

The sun started to set, and we sat down, watching the colors change every minute. The sunsets were beautiful here.

I've been to Japan before and I've truly always loved it. Everything is so beautiful and unique.

I catch myself staring at Kat without even realizing. I guess she really was more beautiful than the sunset.

"You're ridiculous. The sky looks like THAT and you're looking at me?" she said, pushing my face away.

I dramatically fell onto the sand, waiting for her to help me up, but instead she just sat laughing at me.

"You're mean." I said, brushing the sand off of me. She kissed me as an apology, so I guess it was okay.

There was a really pretty flower garden, filled with flower sculptures and everything more. We went and walked through there, Katherine being excited about everything she say. She's so cute.

It was starting to get dark, so I called Zoe asking to meet up at the entrance so we can walk back towards the hotel.

I felt Katherine grab my hand to hold it, and intertwine her fingers with me. I felt a soft smile start to form and she laughed, putting her head on my shoulder as we walked.

Eventually, we met up with Zoe and Finneas, and when we got to the hotel we met up with my mom to figure out the room situation. Apparently we were grouping, two people in each room.

I didn't wanna leave Zoe with Finneas, but i also didn't wanna leave Katherine with Finneas. So, my mom grouped with Zoe, vut she didn't really mind. She loves my mom. Everybody does.

Finneas stayed with my dad, and I was with Katherine.

Nobody was really suspicious about Katherine and I having a room to ourselves, since nobody knew we were anything more than friends. And honestly, I think it's best that way.